Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 11:48 AM

Dog Poow

I go for a walk most days around here. Without a dog I Might Say. And I have noticed more and more Poow on the paths not collected by dog owners..
Yes I have seen a lot of very good dog owners who do clear up after their dogs as they should.
Any thoughts on this?
Rant over.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 11:52 AM

Re: Dog Poow

Try not to step in it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Try not to step in it.
That made me laugh.
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Try not to step in it.
It's a good bet your a dog owner
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 11:58 AM

My elderly neighbour, who goes out every day on his scooter, got so fed up with it he made some little flags and stuck them in every pile he came across.
It didn't have any impact on irresponsible, lazy dog walkers but made him feel better.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 11:59 AM

We have the same problem in my area Dave, in fact, I seem to remember starting a thread about it a long while back.

The majority of the owners here pick it up, even the very elderly who have trouble bending over still make the effort. The problem seems to come from those who walk their dogs very early before other people are around. I often see it directly outside front doors and even cafes. Sometimes they do bag it up, only to leave the bag behind.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-01-2018, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dave H ->
You will have to get used to Ploppy's humour.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dave H ->
I am indeed. My dogs don't leave any messages in public areas. I can't remember even seeing any turds in town let alone putting my foot in it.
Aussies seem to be doing the right thing mostly.
Dave H
United Kingdom

14-01-2018, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We have the same problem in my area Dave, in fact, I seem to remember starting a thread about it a long while back.

The majority of the owners here pick it up, even the very elderly who have trouble bending over still make the effort. The problem seems to come from those who walk their dogs very early before other people are around. I often see it directly outside front doors and even cafes. Sometimes they do bag it up, only to leave the bag behind.
Thanks for that Longdogs .I agree with you 100%.
The other thing I have noticed is a lot more general rubbish in the streets and along the road Verges.
Are are councils so short of money that they cannot afford now to clear this?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-01-2018, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
My elderly neighbour, who goes out every day on his scooter, got so fed up with it he made some little flags and stuck them in every pile he came across.
It didn't have any impact on irresponsible, lazy dog walkers but made him feel better.
I remember seeing on tv, a council worker who would spray a white ring around them to bring it to the public's attention, just how much there was. It seemed to work as the amount was greatly reduced.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top