Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:09 PM

Re: Dog Poow

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I am indeed. My dogs don't leave any messages in public areas. I can't remember even seeing any turds in town let alone putting my foot in it.
Aussies seem to be doing the right thing mostly.
Well done you Aussies ....its not just cricket your good at then
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:12 PM

I don’t see so much dog poo as l used to. Where l do see it the most and it surprises me, is in the town centre and has usually been trodden in!

In the past, l have challenged people who don’t pick it up and offered them a bag, that usually shames them into picking it up!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:15 PM

I pick up whether I'm walking normally or on crutches or in wheel chair do I always think if I can then there's no excuse at all for others. One thing I've noticed though it's the same people let their dogs off lead very often as they aren't close enough to see where they've been.

I have been known to yell at a person to wait and give them a bag when I catch up, or I've bagged it and waited in the car park to hand it to them with a lovely smile and o think you dropped something

It's particularly horrid if it gets on my wheel chair wheels because then I put my hand in it before I realise
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don’t see so much dog poo as l used to. Where l do see it the most and it surprises me, is in the town centre and has usually been trodden in!

In the past, l have challenged people who don’t pick it up and offered them a bag, that usually shames them into picking it up!

Well done Art It needs more like you. We need to clean this lovely country of ours up as I think that standards are slipping big time. And as for fly tipping. That is all over this country now big time.
I must stop this rant now it's making my blood pressure go up.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:24 PM

In my day we had proper dog poo, white and lumpy...not anymore I have noticed, it must be because of an influx of those foreign breeds ...bah!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dave H ->
Well done Art It needs more like you. We need to clean this lovely country of ours up as I think that standards are slipping big time. And as for fly tipping. That is all over this country now big time.
I must stop this rant now it's making my blood pressure go up.
Dave, l remember before l owned a dog and l was suffering with Morning Sickness, if l saw a dog poo, l would retch and nearly vomit on the spot!
Dave H
United Kingdom

14-01-2018, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Dave, l remember before l owned a dog and l was suffering with Morning Sickness, if l saw a dog poo, l would retch and nearly vomit on the spot!
Can't say I have ever experienced that Art.
All I am saying is it need all dog owners to be responsible
for their dogs as I know most are.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 01:04 PM

The other day on the way home I popped into the local park and was just parking up when a quite large lady on a disability scooter came along the path in front of me. She had two little dogs with her who both decided to leave little piles on the grass. She watched them both and just trundled on.

I realise she must have some disability but even so they make scoopers with long arms but she didn't even make any attempt to clear up after her dogs.
This was on a grass area that both children and adults use.

The park has a dog walk area that is the complete length of the park 525 yards long, I know this as I measured it as I tried applying to re-home a dog and needed the information for my application letter. The dog area also has a path suitable for mobility scooters.

It really annoys me that these sort of owners get responsible owners a bad name. 😤
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 01:07 PM

I'd have picked it up and given it to her
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-01-2018, 01:11 PM

Thinking about it, l haven’t seen any bags of poo hanging on branches of trees lately!
That trend must not be in fashion any more?!

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top