Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:56 PM

How To Avoid Speeding Fines.

1. Look closely at the signs that show you the speed limit.The number is the maximum speed you travel.
2. Locate your car's speedometer.It's normally found in front of the driver's seat on the dashboard.It has an arrow pointing to the number that reflects the car's speed.On newer cars the speed is sometimes displayed digitally.
3. The last point is also the hardest.Adjust your speed according to the number shown on the road sign.The police cannot fine you if you do not drive over this number.
Best of all if you stick to it you'll never have to pay a speeding fine ever again.Even better the road will become much safer for everyone.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 01:03 PM

Re: How To Avoid Speeding Fines.

Couldn't agree more rhosyn
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
1. Look closely at the signs that show you the speed limit.The number is the maximum speed you travel.
2. Locate your car's speedometer.It's normally found in front of the driver's seat on the dashboard.It has an arrow pointing to the number that reflects the car's speed.On newer cars the speed is sometimes displayed digitally.
3. The last point is also the hardest.Adjust your speed according to the number shown on the road sign.The police cannot fine you if you do not drive over this number.
Best of all if you stick to it you'll never have to pay a speeding fine ever again.Even better the road will become much safer for everyone.
Absolutely Rhosyn, but you forgot to mention that driving well below the speed limit also compromises road safety...Especially on Motorways. Probably even worse than those who exceed the limit by a MPH or two....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:06 PM

Hi

Car speedos are notoriously unreliable.

I set my cruise control to my Sat Nav, far more accurate.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:11 PM

A bit simplistic but I would prefer to have my eyes on the road ahead rather than checking my speed every ten seconds.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 06:12 PM

If only it were that simple
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 06:59 PM

Having been fined for speeding in a 30 mph zone , mistakenly thinking it was 40 mph zone then having to pay £30 admin fee when I told my insurance company of my points I'm paranoid now and stick to the speed limit always checking the speedometer .
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 07:40 PM

You should know which gear to be in to ensure you do not break the limit, no need to keep watch the speedometer.
In my Mondeo 2nd is for 20 mph 3rd for 30 mph. Even in the old van, which is automatic, I just leave it in 2nd whilst in town.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
You should know which gear to be in to ensure you do not break the limit, no need to keep watch the speedometer.
In my Mondeo 2nd is for 20 mph 3rd for 30 mph. Even in the old van, which is automatic, I just leave it in 2nd whilst in town.
So what happens when I want to do 70? Seventh gear perhaps?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Yes Purwell, strangely enough that works with my six gear Qashqai also....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top