Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 11:13 AM

Re: Strange Noises in the Night

Glad you got the cat out if you don't want it but it will be back they tend to chose who needs them in my experience not who wants them.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 11:14 AM

Leave a trail of food going out to the garden, tie a bit of string to your door. Pul shut when said feline departs. Then get a girt big cat munchin dog.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 11:37 AM

Or a little cat munching dog, our Betty chihuahua is better at cat scaring than our gert big Labrador Elsie who loves all creatures.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 11:42 AM

It would be wrong to keep someone else's pet. One of mine goes missing for days if someone comes to stay and it worries me sick.
My sister "adopts" cats that she entices with food and eventually they don't bother going home. She's too lazy to get one from a rescue centre.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 12:39 PM

Just mention the Vets and little Tiddles will be off.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It would be wrong to keep simeone else's pet. One of mine goes missing for days if someone comes to stay and it worries me sick.
My sister "adopts" cats that she entices with food and eventually they don't bother going home. She's too lazy to get one from a rescue centre.
A cat will not stay in a home it doesn't want to be in, in fact it will home in on a suitable one & gradually integrate itself into that home. They also seem to know which people are cat mad & will take them in.
My next door neighbours have had several like that, strangely when a few where doing it, all the cats got on well. At one stage they had 4, all strays or rescued, though most of their strays weren't actually homeless some had homes they no longer wanted to be in. The rescued ones didn't seem to mind sharing either.
Currently they have one genuine stray, who they can't touch, but do feed & a tortie that adopted them because her original owner got another cat, a house cat & they didn't get on. The upshot is next door have taken her on & she, the cat, is very happy there.
I took photo's of most of their cats over the years, some even used to visit me, but I am not really a cat person.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The army have some useful tanks that would blast the cat out if that is any help.
That's more charitable than what my suggestion would have been.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 01:49 PM

Dogs have owners, but cats condescend to live in the same space with you and treat you as their staff to serve them.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Dogs have owners, but cats condescend to live in the same space with you and treat you as their staff to serve them.
That is so true & if the service, accommodation or ambiance is not right off they go to pastures new.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 08:01 PM

Our Dessie in our previous home ( passed away a few years ago) Out of all the pets we have had Dessie I had a really soft spot for

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top