Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 12:30 PM

replacing battery on my tablet

I have had his tablet, Samsung SM-T330 model, from the time i was in hospital. The other day it just would not charge up, so first thoughts were "scrap it" £90 down the drain. So if i was going to "scap it" why not open it up and have a nosey look see.

Not the easiest thing I have opened, infact reluctant to open at all, but managed it in the end.

Ok now could the battery be removed or were the connections fixed? no they were plug in type. Right me thinks want about just trying a new battery? so it did take a bit of searching initially a I did not known the model number until I opened it up

Ok now open and battery out and waiting for replacement for around £14 or there abouts.

The question is, was it just a battery failure or some other electronic part? i won't know until the replacement battery comes.
So this is how far I have got , battery on the right
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 12:40 PM

Re: replacing battery on my tablet

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I have had his tablet, Samsung SM-T330 model, from the time i was in hospital. The other day it just would not charge up, so first thoughts were "scrap it" £90 down the drain. So if i was going to "scap it" why not open it up and have a nosey look see.

Not the easiest thing I have opened, infact reluctant to open at all, but managed it in the end.

Ok now could the battery be removed or were the connections fixed? no they were plug in type. Right me thinks want about just trying a new battery? so it did take a bit of searching initially a I did not known the model number until I opened it up

Ok now open and battery out and waiting for replacement for around £14 or there abouts.

The question is, was it just a battery failure or some other electronic part? i won't know until the replacement battery comes.
So this is how far I have got , battery on the right
Are the terminals alright where the charger lead connects to?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Are the terminals alright where the charger lead connects to?
They go into a sealed mini USB port in the tablet so cant check
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 01:04 PM

New member here ,don’t know how long ago you were in hospital so can’t guess how old this is .
Does it matter now that you’ve sent for a new battery which it was ? Another £14 down the drain maybe ?
Maybe something wrong with your socket ? Did you try it in others around the house ?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 01:22 PM

Fluff in the charging port is quite a common problem that stops charging. Clean it out with a small splinter of wood.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

18-01-2018, 01:26 PM

Nothing wrong with the power sockets in the house if that is what you are referring to and also tried different USB plugs in those mains sockets and different leads as well

OH by the way there is a very easy way to check mains sockets, anyone can do it with this. You just plug it in like any other plug. It can save having an electrician in to do the same checks on each socket

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

18-01-2018, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Fluff in the charging port is quite a common problem that stops charging. Clean it out with a small splinter of wood.
will do and my rocket blower don't get any out Checked with my "Loupe" and contacts clean and clear
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 05:11 PM

Did you try the old laptop trick of taking the battery out and seeing if the device will power up, and run, using just the charge connecion?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 05:16 PM

I'm surprised you'd bother trying to fix such a cheap and old tablet.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

19-01-2018, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm surprised you'd bother trying to fix such a cheap and old tablet.
because I want to see if I can and if what I have on it is still there can

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top