Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2014, 01:37 PM

Re: Motor Neurone Disease

At this time to get annoyed at something like a thought for us would be odd. I am very grateful.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2014, 01:41 PM

You were in my prayers too last night, and I say this only to suggest that prayers are a strong thought process devoted to another, and hopefully a feeling of love will embrace you through the warmth of peoples thoughts to you ......x
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2014, 03:57 PM

That is devastating news Cate, and just as things were starting to go well after all the hard work both of you put into it. I'm so sorry. I know absolutely nothing about this disease, all I can do is pray for you to get the strength to cope.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2014, 04:19 PM

Thanks Jem, it is one bast**d of a disease as your whole body just shuts down while your mind is still active and alive. Right at the end it is awful the nerve sensors just stop working and no muscle in any part of your body works. There is no cure and no medication to slow it down it is the mother of all horrors.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2014, 05:02 PM

So very sorry Cate.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

17-03-2014, 05:54 PM

Feeling panic today, didn't sleep well, Keith is unbelievable, he is so serene about the whole thing. I have spoken to the MND Association and they give a great deal of help and support so we don't have to deal with this thing alone. Friends and family have been getting in touch and sometimes their reaction can be difficult to handle but most of the time I feel supported. Thank you all for your words.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2014, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
I have spoken to the MND Association and they give a great deal of help and support so we don't have to deal with this thing alone. Friends and family have been getting in touch and sometimes their reaction can be difficult to handle but most of the time I feel supported.
That is wonderful Cookiecate, it is good to know that you are both physically and emotionally supported.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2014, 06:47 PM

A step in the right direction Cate ....
George
New Member!
UK
George is male 

17-03-2014, 07:16 PM

You can only take one day at a time Cate, I send my very best wishes to you both and will be thinking of you all.

George.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Feeling panic today, didn't sleep well, Keith is unbelievable, he is so serene about the whole thing. I have spoken to the MND Association and they give a great deal of help and support so we don't have to deal with this thing alone. Friends and family have been getting in touch and sometimes their reaction can be difficult to handle but most of the time I feel supported. Thank you all for your words.
Glad that you are feeling supported, Cate.

I think it is often much harder being the relative than being the patient. You are well and you are looking at someone you love who has this horrible diagnosis and you just wish you could make it right but you can't. He has a disease which he will no doubt fight in his own way, but the onlookers can't help but feel a sense of helplessness.

Some friends and relatives will probably be a bit frightened by it and not sure how to react, but that is their problem not yours. Just try to get on with living life with your husband day to day.

x

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top