Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 10:05 AM

Re: 2 poorly pooches

Worrying time for you Mups, but glad to hear they are on the mend.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 10:12 AM

From your OP I thought it may have been coronavirus but glad that your dogs are on the mend Mups.

Treat below
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 10:16 AM

So pleased to hear that they are both on the mend Mups, they do worry us at times don't they.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 12:26 PM

Mups, I am pleased for you too! I know when it comes to our animals, we will pay anything to get them better and keep them alive. I sometimes wonder if that's why vets charge extortionate prices and we pay up without a murmur!
My two dogs are rarely ill but my Labrador had a smelly ear lately. The first lot of medication didn't work, so had to have some other...total bill almost £150 (one week's pension money!) When the vet asked me to return for the third time, I nearly cancelled as my dog's ear seemed ok. Anyway, I went and there was no charge...Thank Goodness!!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 01:08 PM

Have to agree about vets and their costs Art. We do seem to be a captive soft touch audience where pets are concerned. Same with Dentist as well
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 02:50 PM

Glad they are on the mend, Mups. I always feel so helpless when my little man is not well.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 11:15 PM

I read all your lovely messages out to my pooches, and they were very touched, it cheered them up no end.

They said to Let Julie know they haven't seen any acorns, and promised not touch them if they do.

They said I was to say "Thankyou and yum yum" to Solo for the scrummy treats .

They were chuffed with you wishing them well, Nom as usually you call them 'orrible names - like 'the terrorists'.

Anyway, thanks again to everybody, they are almost back to their old naughty selves again.
I shall know the true picture if they stay OK once the meds are finished. I sometimes wonder if the pills are 'props' so get the true picture once they're off the drugs.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 09:34 PM

Good to hear they are both on the mend, Mups, and that they have such a lovely owner to read them their messages !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 11:28 PM

Thankyou Tabby. There isn't much I wouldn't do for them.

It's mostly the very old gal that's worrying me now. She wants to keep going, but is struggling more and more. I can't put into words how much I admire the way she copes, but I think we both know she is losing the battle.

When I think she wants to give up, I shall do whatever she asks. I just have problems dealing with that part.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
When I think she wants to give up, I shall do whatever she asks. I just have problems dealing with that part.
Thats love.

Doing anything for them as long as they want to carry on but understanding and being prepared to let go when they have had enough.
Its the most difficult thing but also the greatest gift, letting go and not holding on for our own sake but putting them first.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top