Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 12:55 PM

10 Pet Requests

A PET'S TEN Requests

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10 On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

~Take a moment today to be thankful for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without our much loved critters.

~Now please pass this on to other pet owners. We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 12:57 PM

Re: 10 Pet Requests

Good advice there Cate
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 01:48 PM

Really got a lump in my throat, last year I was on my own for four months in the winter in a very isolated bungalow. My dog became everything to me. He didn't mind my tears or moaning about the pain in my legs he was just a stalwart friend. We now are a family again but we still have a special bond.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 02:21 PM

That is all so true Cate and I must admit that #10 brought a lump to my throat.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 02:31 PM

Wow! Thank you Cookiegate, for putting it so well.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That is all so true Cate and I must admit that #10 brought a lump to my throat.
...I guess we take our pets for granted at times, it is only when they are gone we appreciate their true worth
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

29-06-2011, 03:02 PM

The elderly gentleman who lives next door to my mother in law lost his much loved dog the other day. He was saying how much he missed the animal, he said that he had been his reason to get out of bed in the morning.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 03:33 PM

I am dreading this.Phoebe came from a breeder to us when she was about 6, she had never lived in a house until then, she was bullied in the kennels and was skin and bone. She is my friend and companion and I know what that man means.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 03:46 PM

I have read those requests before and they're all true. All our dogs want to do is to love us and to please us, nothing else, that's it. I lost my last one (Bobby) a year ago today and both my husband and daughter said 'Oh that's gone quick hasn't it?' Not to me it hasn't, it seems like an eternity without a dog here. Hug yours for all you're worth xx
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

29-06-2011, 08:31 PM

Oh Maryl, I am so sorry for your loss, does it or would it help if you had a puppy, not to replace your loved Bobby but someone to get to know and love again or do you feel as I and many others feel, if anything happens to my lovely Ruud I don't want to love like that again.
I never understood how people felt about their pets now he is the love of my life followed of course by hubs.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top