Join for free
Page 10 of 23 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 09:03 PM

Re: Is it right to break the law to bring relief to the ravages of chronic illness

Robert, may I suggest that if you belong to a PD support group or even if you know someone else who is suffering the same as you, don't ever be afraid to approach them discreetly and let them know what the two shop assistants told you about the benefits of taking Cannibis to alleviate the shaking and other unpleasant symptoms that you have to endure with having PD.
I would imagine that anyone in the same boat may perhaps use it as a medicinal aid, and would perhaps be only too happy to tell you of their experience, of it's use the type of effect and yes, benefit you can expect from it's use.

If this type of approach to talk to others does not appeal to you, then don't hesitate to have a word with your Doctor. He is there to help you and is not going to fall off his chair in shock if you ask him about the medicinal benefits of Cannabis. I can practically guarantee you will not be the first person to inquire from him or her. If there is anything that can ease the unpleasant symptoms of your illness and perhaps make your life more pleasant, then as I said previously, go for it. I wouldn't hesitate if it was me.

All the best Robert xx
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 09:47 PM

Re: Is it right to break the law to bring relief to the ravages of chronic illness

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Theres nothing wrong with a bit of wacky baccy.
I used to grow it in my back garden in South London years ago.
I always made sure it was mixed with my tomatoes plants.
I never mixed my drugs which is why I never had side effects.

Robert it is legal now in the UK and you don't need to start smoking it. I am only saying this incase you are a non smoker and you don't want to start.

https://healthyhempoil.com/hemp-oil-parkinsons/

But a word or warning I would ask your consultant or your gp first and see if they have any knowledge on a good source where you can purchase it from. You may well be able to get it through the NHS.

Some of the adverts on the internet maybe dodgy and just after your money.

Do you not have a support group that you can talk to about this
and maybe some one on there will be using Hemp Oil and they could tell you where to purchase.
Good luck which ever way you go mate.

Robert, think that's the best advice from Dongle, talk to your consultant to see if it would help you first, then find a safe source of supply, but do stay safe.
I agree with talking to a support group too.
I wish you all the luck in the world. x
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 10:59 PM

I have been overwhelmed and humbled by the responses to my post, every one of them. I respect & give thanks particularly for the honest & thoughtful members who have tried to support & encourage me.
I have had PD for 23 years & I have good support from my family , friends & health professionals .
My symptoms have worsened considerably since downsizing to a small flat in the city centre 2 years ago 7 my meds are at just about at their limit before the side effects become worse than the condition itself.
But I am positive in life and hope for more good days than bad & the good grace to cope with the stumbling blocks which hinder me.

I have a good sense of humour which was why the 2 “shopgirls” gave me cause to smile first and then ponder.
Rather like Gert & Daisy (Elsie & Doris Walters) exchanges back in the day.

Thank you all for your time & effort today.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 11:02 PM

God bless you Robert, whatever you decide. x
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 11:16 PM

Good luck Robert ..I hope you find some relief
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Theres nothing wrong with a bit of wacky baccy.........
Good luck which ever way you go mate.
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Robert, think that's the best advice from Dongle ..... I wish you all the luck in the world. x
If Mups with over 20,000 posts can stuff-up a name without being crucified,
surely Tarantula, with less than 2,000 posts can do the same.

Particularly when many here insist on 'fiddling' with User Names - and even use 'given' names instead.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't see why a certain member gets a character assassination because she doesn't agree with another certain member?

Surely everybody is entitled to their own opinion without being insulted on a personal level?
Absolutely right, Carol !
Whilst certain posts have been removed - so it is impossible to know - I see NO personal insults from Tarantula.
I can however, find truckloads of crap directed at her - which have not been removed.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 08:52 AM

Hi

My Father, a genuinely lovely man, got sudden onset Parkinson's.

Anything that was available would have been good.

PD Sufferers are no threat to Society at all

A 79 year old man who has not even had a Parking Ticket deserves better.

The Law is stupid.

The OP deserves every help possible.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Absolutely right, Carol !
Whilst certain posts have been removed - so it is impossible to know - I see NO personal insults from Tarantula.
I can however, find truckloads of crap directed at her - which have not been removed.
Hi

The best thing about this site is that people are far freer to express their opinions than on other sites.

Long may it continue.

Tarantula has a view of life which I do not agree with, but so what, we are all different.

I actually find her posts quite amusing, I enjoy responding to them, I cannot take them seriously.

At least she just posts her opinions and does not attempt to justify them with posting false facts, which perhaps others do.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
If Mups with over 20,000 posts can stuff-up a name without being crucified,
surely Tarantula, with less than 2,000 posts can do the same.

Particularly when many here insist on 'fiddling' with User Names - and even use 'given' names instead.
Have you been on the wacky baccy Pum? Mups didn't stuff up a name, Dongle is an affectionate term that she uses for Longdogs, which derived from a typo a few weeks ago.... I thought everybody knew that!
What Tarantula did was to use another members name, when suggesting that somebody should be arrested for growing a cannabis plant many years ago. Hence she was accusing an innocent person of committing some kind of crime, when the correct member, who did jokingly admit to growing a plant, was having a laugh at her reaction.
How would you like it if I accused Pumicestone of committing a murder, when the murderer was, in fact, Palmeston?

Page 10 of 23 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top