Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 03:20 PM

Re: I'm not sure what to do.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I actually posted part of my autobiography some time last year I think it was Fruitcake. I posted it in a section called 'Bob's Bits' also in leisure activities. It was too big to post in one lump, so I sent it in sections carefully making it into about two or three chapters. I copied and pasted it from Word.....It worked well, but I don't think many people read it though.... I enjoyed writing it, and it brought back so many memories....
I read it Bob and very interesting it was too
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I read it Bob and very interesting it was too
Thanks Mags, I knew I could rely on you..... But did it send you to sleep.....
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Mags, I knew I could rely on you..... But did it send you to sleep.....
I had a dip in there now and then after I first joined this forum and I've gone back and done a sample viewing of about every tenth post since you mentioned it on this thread
I especially liked your description of canal walks.

Since that thread is still going after five years and currently stands at around 200 posts, I've decided to copy and paste chapters of my story from Word direct into posts on one thread rather than links or downloads elsewhere.
If I have to, I will split chapters across two or more posts.

I had originally thought to post the whole story in one go but it isn't finished by a long chalk, and it would mean a series of gert long posts at the beginning of the thread.
I've also realised I've been going into too much descriptive detail so have chopped large bits out.

Thanks everyone for your comments and I hope to post the beginning of the story fairly soon. I can't guarantee that anyone will like it, or if they will think it is any good, but I will welcome comments and criticism either way.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
I had a dip in there now and then after I first joined this forum and I've gone back and done a sample viewing of about every tenth post since you mentioned it on this thread
I especially liked your description of canal walks.

Since that thread is still going after five years and currently stands at around 200 posts, I've decided to copy and paste chapters of my story from Word direct into posts on one thread rather than links or downloads elsewhere.
If I have to, I will split chapters across two or more posts.

I had originally thought to post the whole story in one go but it isn't finished by a long chalk, and it would mean a series of gert long posts at the beginning of the thread.
I've also realised I've been going into too much descriptive detail so have chopped large bits out.

Thanks everyone for your comments and I hope to post the beginning of the story fairly soon. I can't guarantee that anyone will like it, or if they will think it is any good, but I will welcome comments and criticism either way.
Thanks Fruitcake, I find that if posts are too long readers lose the will to live...
So I try and cut to the chase, but sometimes I get carried away and just go for it... I have a problem reading long bits of stuff on a computer screen, that's why I'd much prefer a book. And like having a woman around, it's nice to have something to hold occasionally...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top