Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 12:52 PM

Re: Do You Detest Facebook As Much As I Do?

I wont be 'choosing' .....
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 12:55 PM

I think there is both good an bad aspects of being on FB. I have been able to connect with people and lost relatives that way.. I think it's a convienent way to stay in touch and to share pictures and thoughts. However, it can also come between families. I apparently committed a mortal sin by DARING to send a friend request to my DIL!! I didn't know that I was impinging on her privacy and being intrusive! Pardon Moi... as the French like to say.
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 01:06 PM

I don't hate it Billy, but they keep changing things around. You only just find out how to do things and they go and change it. I did only use it for the kids when they are away, but for some reason I now have all the kids friends joined to me. Mind you they all go away in groups, all over the world, and they designate one to do all the work of sending information, so of course you have to have all of them on your list. Bloody kids, who'd have em
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 01:46 PM

Don't do Facebook, and consider it a stalker's paradise amongst other things. I can sort of see why people with loads of scattered friends might use it, but I'd rather just email my friends and not use a public site to communicate. As for Twitter, can't see the point of that at all...
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 02:34 PM

I enjoy Facebook, you just have to be careful on how you set your settings, and it can be as private as you want.

I use Facebook to keep in touch with friends and family.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 02:39 PM

I don't detest it, but it's something that I'd never join.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 02:44 PM

I don't have any of my daughters or grandkids on it, I don't want them knowing what I'm up to and vice versa, it only causes problems. they can still message me on there. I rarely chat on there as I'm usually following group stuff or playing games. It's nice to see photos of relatives you don't get to see much etc.
Markey
Kent, UK
Markey is female  Markey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 02:46 PM

We are ex Southern Africans (Zimbabwe and South Africa) and our family and friends are spread through out the world. Face book is a wonderful way of whole groups of us chatting, looking at each others photo's etc. My son has just had a birthday and got 108 messages from friends and family all thousands of miles apart.

I think it's great if used carefully and correctly.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 02:53 PM

It's not for me.
Markey
Kent, UK
Markey is female  Markey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I've only recently joined and only did that to comply with my companies policy, will back fire on the company though as they may insist we all join but can't make us use it
I have a facebook page under my name that I use all the time
and a separate face book page under the name of Markey that I never, ever use. I opened it at the request of Mirabelle (you will remember her?) when she was wanting support for a group. And now I don't know how to get rid of it.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top