Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 05:05 AM

Happy Thursday Folk.

Now do you believe in elves ? Taken in the Sculpture woods in Samurez Manor in Guernsey.
Shopping day today but if I get time before that I must do some watering in the garden.........things are getting very dry now.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 05:36 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk.

Good Morning One and All.

Sun is out, blue sky with a few clouds. Looks like it will be a fine day again. Have a great one!
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 06:49 AM

Oh, I would love that little elf for my garden.
That's a nice relaxing spot.

The sky's opened up here tonight, and man has it let loose with that wet stuff. Guess I won't need to water tomorrow.
Have a lovely day all.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 06:52 AM

Good day chums.

I am waking up earlier & earlier with the lengthening days. Of course we're almost at the summer equinox & the days will begin shortening again after the 21st of this month.

I was surprised to see some old duffer on the business news saying that he was surprised how popular LIDL is & how they are charging into the big supermarkets territory & taking more of their share of dosh. Where's he been?

Our local LIDL is excellent,, but don't expect to hear any English spoken from very many customers or staff, rather just good value & good manners.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 06:56 AM

Good morning everyone a beautiful sunny start to the day, not a cloud in the sky...

Just finished the ironing and now enjoying a cup of lemon and ginger tea.

Lovely pic Alan, I've never been to Guernsey but I've been to Jersey.

Enjoy your day all
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 07:09 AM

morning O wise ones..........
good pic Alan.........
overcast in the rainy City...........
tabletop exercise for when something really big blows up.........if you don't hear from me, it was the real thing........look for a large mushroom cloud in the general direction of Manchester.........

Everyone have a fab day.......

P.S. joining Slimming World this evening, to try and get rid of this interminable "Pot Belly".......

H
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

19-06-2014, 07:40 AM

Good morning everyone. Sunny again today here, lovely bit of breeze and generally super weather.

No elves in my garden though **sigh** I could do with a brownie or two to mow what I optimistically call my lawn...

As for Lidl, or Aldi or Leader Price, the 'hard discount' chains, as they call them over here, are deservedly popular, people everywhere want value for money and by and large that's what you get.

I was reading a womans magazine in the doctors waiting room last week, they did a test on face creams including some quite posh ones, the one that won was Lidl's Q10 day cream at less than €3 a pot, some of the others were over €20. Although that might say more about face creams than Lidl, come to think of it lol...
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 07:51 AM

Bonjour France de la Grande-Bretagne !

Interesting Margoletta, how the French recognise good value, whereas us Brits are a bit snobby about being seen in LIDL..and the £1 shops.

Alan, soz ,I've gone off-piste.
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

19-06-2014, 08:00 AM

Apologies to the OP as well, but a lot of people here go shopping on a Thursday, so it is a Thursday kind of topic! And some here are also snobby about Lidl, doesn't stop it being busy though lol !!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 08:02 AM

Good morning all - am waiting for my shopping to be delivered to me - the man from Sainsburys will be here sometime between 10.00 - 11.00.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top