Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2016, 11:59 PM

No deaths from Vitamins.

Quote:

No one has ever died from taking vitamins, or minerals, or amino acids, or herbs, according to the latest annual safety records - and yet supplements remain the target of health regulators who want to control their supply and use.
By comparison, some half a million Americans die each year from taking prescription drugs.

There were no deaths from taking animo-acids, or herbal supplements, including Ginko Bilobs, Ginseng, kava-kava, St. Johns Wort, Valerian or from any traditional Asian or Ayurvedic medicines.
Neither were there any deaths from taking glucosamine or Chondroitin or any homeopathic remedies.

Prescription medicines however, weren't so safe.
Around 150,000 Americans die each year from an adverse reaction to a drug properly prescribed and taken, and a further 350,000 die from a drug incorrectly administered, whether due to error or deliberate overdose.
Unquote.

Scary stuff?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 08:43 AM

Re: No deaths from Vitamins.

I'm not sure but I think I read somewhere if you take too much of many vitamins you just expell them from you body, I know when I took too much of some I pee them out it's quite obvious. But I think some can be dangerous last time I was in hospital there was a young lady who had taken too much vitamin a I believe and she was quite ill.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm not sure but I think I read somewhere if you take too much of many vitamins you just expell them from you body, I know when I took too much of some I pee them out it's quite obvious. But I think some can be dangerous last time I was in hospital there was a young lady who had taken too much vitamin a I believe and she was quite ill.
You are right Julie, vitamin A can be dangerous if you take too much. This is one of the reasons there are usually recommended doses on supplements.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 08:55 AM

An overdose of vitamin A, D & iron can make a person very ill indeed.
In severe cases leading to death.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:03 AM

I guess like Twink said, dose rates should be adhered to.
As I have said elsewhere, some people think if they take extra, it will be even more beneficial to them.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:10 AM

On a plus note Vitamin E is very good for scarring. I took Vitamin E capules when I had an operation, used Vitamin E cream when the wound had healed and you can barely see the scar.
People with dark skin scar worse than white skin, and it is often recommended to them to reduce their scarring.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:15 AM

If my dogs have a scratch or cut I open a vitamin e capsule and rub the oil in it really seems to heal quicker and soothes them.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
On a plus note Vitamin E is very good for scarring. I took Vitamin E capules when I had an operation, used Vitamin E cream when the wound had healed and you can barely see the scar.
People with dark skin scar worse than white skin, and it is often recommended to them to reduce their scarring.
Do you think it has skin healing properties Twink. ?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:19 AM

No one has ever died from taking vitamins, or minerals, or amino acids, or herbs, according to the latest annual safety records - and yet supplements remain the target of health regulators who want to control their supply and use.
By comparison, some half a million Americans die each year from taking prescription drugs.
And the source went on to say that gorilla shit tastes exactly like chocolate ice-cream !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-09-2016, 09:22 AM

Here he comes - Victor Meldrew has just got up. .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top