Join for free
Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 09:11 AM

Re: Not giving the wrong idea

Devon you could always play the helpless male.

Next time you're chatting to her you could ask for her help in showing you how to do something - sewing a button on for example or setting the timer on the automatic oven - anything you can think of.

From the sounds of it I think she would probably be willing to pop over to your house to show you. The coffee & chat could be taken from there..
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 09:18 AM

Devon 56, You joined us in Sept 2016 saying you had recently ended a long term relationship and were now in a new relationship. If that new relationship has ended then I would really reconsider what your intentions are, with this lady you want to become friends with.
I am sure that many of us have been through a relationship break up, and it isn't easy to adjust to being alone...but we all do eventually. If you are certain that you just want a platonic friend, ask the lady to join you for a coffee, but don't immediately start telling her your emotional problems, just chat the way you did when you met her in the street.
I would say, be sure what it is that you want from this lady, before making any further moves.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm still thinking about megs husbands note,,, how romantic is that
Me too Summer .
I think I'm going to go out and buy some mistletoe
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 09:34 AM

[QUOTE=Muddy;1054188]Me too Summer .
I think I'm going to go out and buy some mistletoe [/QUOTEu]

Ha! Good idea Muddy, I'll get some too and carry it around with me... Does that seem desperate... Oh well
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 11:20 AM

Get a toolbelt, apparently that is an aphrodisiac to most ladies, you will be swamped with attentive women.

Good luck, it takes a bit of bottle to get back into relationships whatever level you take.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 11:46 AM

A Man with a tool belt would get My attention too as there are quite a few things need fixing around My House

As for meeting a Man who JUST wants to be Friends!..well..I never have in My 22yrs of singledom...but I live in hope.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
A Man with a tool belt would get My attention too as there are quite a few things need fixing around My House

As for meeting a Man who JUST wants to be Friends!..well..I never have in My 22yrs of singledom...but I live in hope.
Just what I thought May, if it's just a friend he's looking for what's wrong with either gender.....Unless there is some hidden AGender....
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by May ->

Thats true
devon56
London
devon56 is male  devon56 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
You see, what scares me when l'm asked out by a separated man is that l might get cited in a divorce. So l don't get involved and say, come back when you're divorced!
My solicitor told me that although adultery is still on the statute books as a reason for divorce it is rarely used and only with the consent of the cohabittee anyway.

Interesting point though.
devon56
London
devon56 is male  devon56 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Isn't anyone giving any consideration to his wife? It's only eight weeks since they separated!
This is a purely platonic thing so not actually relevant. I had several female friends during our marriage whom I'd meet up with from time to time to no wifely objection.

Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top