Join for free
Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:43 PM

Re: Why do mammograms ...

THERMOGRAPHY

An interesting article in the Huffington Post here about the option of Thermography which is non-invasive, doesn't hurt and doesn't irradiate you.

It's a discussion with Dr Philip Getson, D.O. who has been a medical thermographer since 1982.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris..._b_752503.html

"Thermography's accuracy and reliability is remarkable, too. In the 1970s and 1980s, a great deal of research was conducted on thermography. In 1981, Michel Gautherie, Ph.D., and his colleagues reported on a 10-year study, which found that an abnormal thermogram was 10 times more significant as a future risk indicator for breast cancer than having a history of breast cancer in your family"

"Since thermal imaging detects changes at the cellular level, studies suggest that this test can detect activity 8 to 10 years before any other test. This makes it unique in that it affords us the opportunity to view changes before the actual formation of the tumor. Studies have shown that by the time a tumor has grown to sufficient size to be detectable by physical examination or mammography, it has in fact been growing for about seven years achieving more than 25 doublings of the malignant cell colony. At 90 days there are two cells, at one year there are 16 cells, and at five years there are 1,048,576 cells--an amount that is still undetectable by a mammogram."
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 12:08 AM

This is a a complex debate, but in terms of pain some clever sausages have been developing a test that will check the blood for numerous cancers including breast. I'm not sure when this will be available but hopefully there will come a time when we don't have to be poked, prodded and squashed to the extent we are today.

In terms of the benefits of breast screening then yes there have been studies that say it causes more harm than good. This is not because of the radiation from mammography. It is because some cancers when discovered early are thought to be over treated in that they may never become as aggressive as thought on diagnosis. There has recently been a decision not to treat some early breast cancers with chemo as it's not thought necessary and leads to irreversible damage. It's impossible to tell of course, but hopefully there will soon be better diagnostics to make it all clearer.

So I do think realist has a point but not the point he was trying to make!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Bloody hell Twink .. that was a long read.
Well I probably wouldn't have needed to post it, if Realist wasn't always so keen to have the last word!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
This is a a complex debate . . .
Agreed

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So I do think realist has a point but not the point he was trying to make!
I think there are multiple points to be made which underpins your view that it's a complex debate.

Absolutely the unreliability issues are the most pressing and are leading to health services across the world changing their practices and in some cases simply ceasing mammogram screening. That's pretty telling imo.

Anything involving radiation is also an issue for me. Common sense tells me that ANY amount radiation is a foolish thing to subject my body to and if we could get immunity to background radiation I wonder if our health would be significantly better and maybe we'd live longer too

On top of all of that, these kind of medical service "revelations" serve to tell me that the health services and the government and all associated bodies simply can not be trusted.

If they are willing to spend £millions and countless amounts of effort pushing useless snake oil Flu Vaccines onto vulnerable, uninformed or naïve people then what kind of people are they?

If they were willing to stuff people's teeth with mercury amalgam (mercury being one of the most toxic and dangerous substances o the body) then what kind of people are they?

So if they have been willing to encourage, if not outright pressurise women to go for regular mammograms to get their breasts compressed and irradiated and all for no good reason given the results are wholly unreliable, then again, what kind of people are these?

The answer is that they are wicked, greedy, power-mad megalomaniacs who care not one jot for human life and people's health and see it only as a passport to huge profits.

It took me some time to understand, realise and accept the sheer magnitude of that awful situation and a lot of research to pick out the truth. We are all in a very precarious position. It's one thing for corrupt mafia like moguls to rip us off with our savings, our pensions, our assets and so on but another entirely to attack our health for profit.

Our very survival is now dependent on us as individuals waking up to this reality and stepping back and changing our mind sets.

We are no longer in an era where you can be uninformed and just walk into your GP's clinic to ask them what's up with you. If we do that we are simply walking into a crocodile's mouth. We are engaging with a fraudulent health service that exists for profit and which, just like a crooked motor mechanic will lift the bonnet, shake its head and say "ooooh dear Mrs Miggins, we have quite a few problems here don't we ?!"

All this being the case we have to pass on whatever info we all discover in the health and medication world, the better to keep people informed and always, always with the primary intention of making people THINK and do their own research.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 11:37 AM

Face it Realist, the world is out to get you.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The qualification of the peer reviewed data providers I have posted above.

"Many of our contributors are world leaders in their fields - medicine, health policy, research methodology, or consumer advocacy - and our groups are situated in some of the world's most respected academic and medical institutions. Our work is recognized as representing an international gold standard for high quality, trusted information."

Do you dispute their qualifications? Or indeed the results of their studies ?
So in other words you don't know what you are talking about, you are just cut and pasting things you have read.

I urge the women on this forum to ignore your 'advice' and have routine mammograms.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 12:20 PM

Good grief - I wish I had never started this thread now!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-06-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
So in other words you don't know what you are talking about, you are just cut and pasting things you have read.
You're sadly mistaken. Understanding and knowledge come through taking an interest in something and spending time in study and research. That I have cut and pasted extremely valuable information for the benefit of others here and made some of them think is imho a valuable thing to do.

By the same token I understand a great deal about Flu Vaccines having bothered to do the research and again, on numerous occasions I have passed on what I have learned to others on the forum.

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I urge the women on this forum to ignore your 'advice' and have routine mammograms.
This is just such a nonsense statement. You already said above that you believe I'm posting other people's advice not my own so you make no sense at all.

Are you urging women here to ignore the findings of the internationally respected Cochrane Institute? Whose findings have been endorsed by the British Medical Journal and which have contributed to France and Switzerland ceasing Mammogram screening and to the USA changing their strategies too?!

Really?!

Do you consider yourself more qualified than the 1000s of medial professionals and field leaders working for Cochrane?

They conducted multiple studies/trials that involved 600,000 women. How many studies have you conducted ? . . . Zip!

Your stance is just uber silly, very immature and founded on absolutely nothing.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-06-2018, 12:59 PM

About Switzerland Abolishing Mammogram Screening

Very good article worth reading here regarding the decision by Switzerland to cease Mammogram screening and their reasons for it.

http://www.thermography-sc.com/why-m...n-switzerland/

It highlights amongst other things the worrying levels of misconception by women thinking that Mammogram screening will reduce breast cancer mortality and save 1000s of lives. Doubtless this level of misconception has been put and planted there by the health services promoting the treatments.

From the article:

"In conclusion the Swiss said “It is easy to promote mammography screening if the majority of women believe that it prevents or reduces the risk of getting breast cancer and saves many lives through early detection of aggressive tumors. We would be in favor of mammography screening if these beliefs were valid. Unfortunately, they are not, and we believe that women need to be told so. From an ethical perspective, a public health program that does not clearly produce more benefits than harms is hard to justify. Providing clear, unbiased information, promoting appropriate care, and preventing overdiagnosis and overtreatment would be a better choice.”"

"We expect our health professionals to know what they’re talking about, and to give the best advice possible. But this research suggests that doctors can be just as confused and misinformed as the patients, compounded by mis-infomation and media propaganda in a powerful and profits driven industry which often chooses to dismiss research that dramatically contradicts their profit-based agenda"

"The industry as a whole has a responsibility to no longer ignore mounting research showing that more women are being harmed by regular mammograms than are saved by them."
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-06-2018, 01:04 PM

About France Abolishing Mammogram Screening

Article about how France reacted to the professional research regarding Mammograms

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...stract/2659560

"In October 2016, the French Minister of Health released the report of an independent inquiry into mammography screening. The report presented 2 options:

(1) end the national breast screening program, or
(2) end the current program and put in place a radically reformed program."

Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top