Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 01:06 PM

Jeremy Hunt states only 'one or two hospitals' are in trouble .

So, according to Jeremy the 'litttle difficulty' over Xmas & New Year was with just a couple of hospitals, whereas the truth is that more than dozen closed their doors to new patients as they were unable to cope.

Yet again Jeremy (and by implication) the entire 'nasty party' too, are burying theiur heads in the sand and refuse to see
The chaos caused in the NHS by the lack of funding of the NHS.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7516926.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 01:31 PM

Re: Jeremy Hunt states only 'one or two hospitals' are in trouble .

Well he's right and he's wrong in that piece, wrong the NHS hospitals are in real trouble but right A and E is being used wrongly by many. I can't see it changing though as many gps are in trouble too. Also now due to pharmacies being used as first port of call round here at least they are struggling badly, our two local ones have queues out the doors and getting to the counter past people waiting for a word with the pharmacist is almost impossible! They just moved the problem to a different location from the GP service.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 01:43 PM

Hi

If the NHS were to get it's house in order and charge all migrants and tourists for healthcare, it would have a lot more funding.

I am fed up with the UK not charging when everyone else does.

The admin costs for charging can also be recovered, so I really cannot see what the problem is.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well he's right and he's wrong in that piece, wrong the NHS hospitals are in real trouble but right A and E is being used wrongly by many. I can't see it changing though as many gps are in trouble too. Also now due to pharmacies being used as first port of call round here at least they are struggling badly, our two local ones have queues out the doors and getting to the counter past people waiting for a word with the pharmacist is almost impossible! They just moved the problem to a different location from the GP service.
A good post Julie. I see the same in my area with queues outside the chemists just before Christmas with all the viruses going around. When people are ill these days, they are not quite sure where to go, who to ring and probably feel guilty about using a system they have paid into.

Personally I don't think the NHS is underfunded, it's just badly run plus it can't keep up with the influx of foreigners who have paid nothing.

We have a ridiculous situation where hospital patients and visitors are stung with high parking charges yet someone from abroad can get treatment without charge.

Jon Ashworth blames May for the underfunding despite the fact she hasn't been PM for that long. The NHS problems started years ago and if any party were to blame I would say it was down to Labour for being so generous with our facilities.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A good post Julie. I see the same in my area with queues outside the chemists just before Christmas with all the viruses going around. When people are ill these days, they are not quite sure where to go, who to ring and probably feel guilty about using a system they have paid into.

Personally I don't think the NHS is underfunded, it's just badly run plus it can't keep up with the influx of foreigners who have paid nothing.

We have a ridiculous situation where hospital patients and visitors are stung with high parking charges yet someone from abroad can get treatment without charge.

Jon Ashworth blames May for the underfunding despite the fact she hasn't been PM for that long. The NHS problems started years ago and if any party were to blame I would say it was down to Labour for being so generous with our facilities.
I agree with you NHS does get a lot of money but much is wasted. Do they get the parking money ? I thought it was run by private companies who take the profits ?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree with you NHS does get a lot of money but much is wasted. Do they get the parking money ? I thought it was run by private companies who take the profits ?
As far as I know the individual trusts keep the money.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

09-01-2017, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
As far as I know the individual trusts keep the money.
Ah that's better than I had imagined.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If the NHS were to get it's house in order and charge all migrants and tourists for healthcare, it would have a lot more funding.

I am fed up with the UK not charging when everyone else does.

The admin costs for charging can also be recovered, so I really cannot see what the problem is.

And charge drunks and the cut finger brigade for clogging up the system.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 06:09 PM

Hospitals are almost always on 'black alert' this time of year due to winter specific illnesses.....which usually means bed capacity has been reached and that patients arriving at A&E will have to be taken to another hospital, and sometimes routine operations will be cancelled to free up bed space.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 06:20 PM

I agree that the NHS doesn't spend its money wisely. We definitely should be charging people from overseas for any treatment they received .... we've been too kind for too long.

I watched Jeremy Hunt on TV this afternoon and I thought he put forward a very good case for the improvements they have made, the extra money they have put in and also the extra doctors and nurses we now have. It's very easy for Corbyn and his buddies to sit there smirking but it was worse under Labour.

My elderly Mum has received loads of NHS care in recent months and it's been very good. I've been more than pleased with referrals and appointments I've had and so has my hubby who has only waited a few weeks for eye surgery.

I also think it's very disheartening for NHS staff to have to keep hearing how badly hospitals are supposed to be doing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top