Join for free
Page 11 of 65 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 07:00 AM

Re: I am all worn out

Mups, when we have problems like yours, we all want to find a perfect answer to them... but there isn't one so consider this....

1) Unless your property is about to collapse, could the work wait for a few more weeks, when the kids are back at school and renting a place would be easier. After what Julie said, I suspect that the restriction on pet numbers would be more lenient when school holiday rents stop coming in!

2) If your priority is your dogs, as I expect, which would you put at the most risk..them or your plants? The plants are unlikely to all die, if you leave them for 3 weeks, and even if they did you could replace them!

3) If you found a suitable property to rent, which was over an hours drive away, could your son or a friend join you for a couple of days, to look after the dogs while you pop back to check on things?

4) There are always people ready to lend a hand when others have problems, so if you have a problem just ask! Don't forget that there is no way you will be without a home, because Art has already offered accommodation for both you and the dogs.

Try to stop seeing the problems and start finding the answers! They may not be perfect solutions but, providing your house is made secure again, and you and the dogs are ok.... nothing else is worth getting into a tizz over, so stop worrying!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 08:32 AM

Hi Mups,a new day has dawned and I do hope You're feeling more positive...sending comforting vibes,x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 10:27 AM

Thank you once again for your kind thoughts ladies, and Art knows I am very grateful for her offer as well.

Twinks, it is not only worrying about the dogs and plants, even though some I could never replace.
It is the last 6/7 years of disputes and lies too. It wears you down.

Regarding the plants though, I collect plants like other people keep photographs, as reminders of people,pets, and places that mattered once.
I have plants from my dog's grave I brought with me when I moved here, plants from Mum's house, and other people I loved and who have died.
I have kept one old lady's plant going for her for 11 years after her death.
You can't just go and buy another.

But,what bugs me even more, is dealing with all the incompetent people all this time.
When you look at it from outside, you haven't had the hassle of hundreds of letters, phone calls, lies, and workmen coming and going, digging bore holes, knocking things in the walls, taking photo's, reading reports, etc over and over again.
And this has been very long term, not just this week.

All the times I have been given false hope, been told it is all mended, only for the whole circus to begin all over again.

There is a lot more to it than just this week and having to leave my home. This is just the finale, and it is catching up on me now.

I shall be fine when I can get back home and it is all over.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 10:49 AM

Mups ... when you put it like that I'm thinking you don't really want to have to leave your house whilst all this is going on do you? Neither would I.
And you're worn to a frazzle. You've had this hanging over you for years now.

Whatever you do it's going to mean hassle. You can't avoid it.
Bite the bullet. Grit your teeth, and wade on through it .. you've waded this far.
It would be an achievement to celebrate when it's over and done. At least this way you'll be back in good time to get your home how you want it for winter.

First question to ask yourself, is do you want to remain at home or upsticks for 3 weeks?
Once you've settled on that one .. the planning might drop more into place as you'll narrow your options.

Try not to panic over it or let it get you too down .. because all this mither is bound to make you feel miserable.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 11:00 AM

It's amazing how you can cope in one room with a microwave a camping gas hob and a cheapo electric oven!
And you do your washing up in the hand basin in the loo!!
Three of us camped like this while our new kitchen was being built, six weeks and I survived to tell the tale.
We considered moving out but I'm glad we stayed put...
It was actually quite jolly...and the cats soon learnt their way around
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Mups ... when you put it like that I'm thinking you don't really want to have to leave your house whilst all this is going on do you? Neither would I.

Bite the bullet. Grit your teeth, and wade on through it .. you've waded this far.
It would be an achievement to celebrate when it's over and done. At least this way you'll be back in good time to get your home how you want it for winter.

First question to ask yourself, is do you want to remain at home or upsticks for 3 weeks?
Once you've settled on that one .. the planning might drop more into place as you'll narrow your options.

Try not to panic over it or let it get you too down .. because all this mither is bound to make you feel miserable.

Thank you Mort, x
When yet another bloke comes this afternoon, I'm hoping
pin him down and get some proper answers. Then, hopefully it can all move forwards.
This man today is important. He says exactly what they can and can't do, so I need to turn on lots of charm for this one, as I need to try and persuade him to do a little extra work for me - if I pay separately.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 11:13 AM

Pin him against a wall with a fondue fork or garden fork Mups and ask him if the insurance company/workers can provide a container for your garden as part of their contracted work.

When the gas people cut my gas off to do work in the road (January) they provided me with a small electric heater .. and never came back for it.

Ruthio's right ... if you could set aside just one room for you and your furry companions that you can call home, like a bedsit, with a kettle, microwave and maybe a small hob you can nip out at night when they've knocked off for foraging missions ... hunt for clean clothes, water plants, or any other knick knacks you need. You can keep an eye on the work that way too.

I'd just stack my dirty washing in a bin bag in the corner and forget about it. Or wear the same clothes for three weeks and give them to a needy naked guy for warm clothing to wear on Bonfire Night.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-07-2017, 11:18 AM

I'm off to find me fondue fork as we speak, Mort.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Mups I like this post from Morti and it makes a lot of sense!
First make a decision on what is best for you... and then make everything else fit around that decision. You paid for this insurance so be sure it meets your needs!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 01:42 PM

Just a thought do you have to leave ? Could you for instance get a caravan onto your property to stay on for three weeks, wouldn't have to be an expensive one for a short time, might even find insurance prefers to pay for one as it would be cheaper than a hotel.

That way plants, dogs can all be looked after. You can keep an eye on work too.

Page 11 of 65 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top