Join for free
Page 105 of 276 « First < 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 06:59 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

I've only just taken my steroids having missed them at breakfast. The problem was that I have 2 other medications to take at least an hour before breakfast (have to leave my stomach empty for an hour before taking the steroids and completely forgot about the prednisolone). I don't suppose it will matter much, though - I've had doses at odd times before.

Had a mostly quiet day watching the football - feel like I've no energy at all but did have a bath and shave and washed my clothes.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I've only just taken my steroids having missed them at breakfast. The problem was that I have 2 other medications to take at least an hour before breakfast (have to leave my stomach empty for an hour before taking the steroids and completely forgot about the prednisolone). I don't suppose it will matter much, though - I've had doses at odd times before.

Had a mostly quiet day watching the football - feel like I've no energy at all but did have a bath and shave and washed my clothes.
Have a good nights sleep Dreamy.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:28 AM

They’ve taken me off the steroids Ffosse and I’m missing them as they gave me a much needed boost. I did find it difficult with the times I had to take them though as I had to take 3 a day at regular intervals with or just after a meal. My meals are not evenly spaced like that!

Yesterday was a bad day for me and at a time when I should be at my best! I went to bed for a couple of hours in the afternoon which is almost unheard of!

Pleased you’re enjoying the footie Ffosse, it’s not my thing nor hubby’s so no football in this house!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
They’ve taken me off the steroids Ffosse and I’m missing them as they gave me a much needed boost. I did find it difficult with the times I had to take them though as I had to take 3 a day at regular intervals with or just after a meal. My meals are not evenly spaced like that!

Yesterday was a bad day for me and at a time when I should be at my best! I went to bed for a couple of hours in the afternoon which is almost unheard of!

Pleased you’re enjoying the footie Ffosse, it’s not my thing nor hubby’s so no football in this house!
Sorry that you've been taken off your steroids but this can only be progress if they think you don't need them.

I've gone to bed at odd times, too, though my sleeping seems to be more regular lately except one day when I woke at nearly noon.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-06-2018, 03:32 PM

I'm feeling OK today, managed to get out to the chemist and then the deli which had a number of reduced prices. Their pies, sausages rolls are award winning.

I got a couple of rolls (corned beef and salad and cheese and coleslaw) and a reduced pot of fruit salad then walked home. Might be my imagination but I think I felt slightly less fatigued than normal; still, I had to sit on a bench halfway back to catch my breath.

My thoughts turn now to my 4 day stay in hospital from Thursday onwards. It's just the disruption to my routine (such as it is) that I dislike. I'm sure I'll be fine once I am there. All the staff are friendly and helpful and I'm still hoping there is a way I can get the chemo during the day (I'll have to insist on it) so I don't chew the drip at night. I can't help my strange nocturnal behaviour, it, too is a consequence of being in a strange environment.

Once this stay is over I only have one chemo session left on the 4th of July then an appointment with the Consultant in August. I really am hopeful that this will be the last treatment I need bearing in mind that this cancer is different from the last one.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 03:48 PM

Sorry Val is feeling drained.
Dreamy you will be fine.
You have determination. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-06-2018, 04:33 PM

I suppose I am quite determined. Posting on here has greatly helped me focus on the minutiae of what I must do and it helps getting feedback in general from others, particularly those in the same boat such as Val J but I welcome everyone's comments.

Next I'll have to phone Ward 8 and ask them what time they want me in. Last time they said 12 but it was 8:30 at night before I got a bed in Ward 33, all that time waiting in a small room at the back of Ward 8 did my head in...well perhaps I exaggerate but it was a bit stressfull. It depends upon how busy they are. I'm also hoping for a single room again.

A good thing is that, barring any complications, I know they'll let me go home on the Sunday or Monday, ie. it's not open ended. During 2016's illness I never knew when I would be going home but I was very ill with the delirium. I never want to be that mentally ill again; and it took them a while before they realised I had delirium.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-06-2018, 06:09 PM

Good news: Ward 8 just phoned me asking that I go in at around 1pm on Thursday. They also made clear that they're aware of my night-time problem so they're not going to use the chemotherapy drug at night, rather during the day.

This has put my mind at rest - I was going to phone them but now don't have to.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

18-06-2018, 06:48 PM

Good news: Ward 8 just phoned me asking that I go in at around 1pm on Thursday. They also made clear that they're aware of my night-time problem so they're not going to use the chemotherapy drug at night, rather during the day.

This has put my mind at rest - I was going to phone them but now don't have to.
That is good news Dreamy
As for your previous post, I remember that time very well.
I think you are so positive this time. It is nice that I can support bot yourself and Val here, and that you, in turn, support each other.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-06-2018, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
That is good news Dreamy
As for your previous post, I remember that time very well.
I think you are so positive this time. It is nice that I can support bot yourself and Val here, and that you, in turn, support each other.
That was the only time in my life when I could have been described as mad. I had to be sectioned as I kept trying to run away. It took them ages to diagnose the delirium

Nightmares, paranoia, delusions etc. I thought that outside was Russia and that they were going to shoot me. I still don't remember all the details but it went on for around 6 weeks in total and I lost more than 2 Stone. A psychiatrist explained to me later that the delirium was definitely caused by the cancer.

Page 105 of 276 « First < 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top