Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 11:20 AM

Re: CT scan

Wishing you well mart, I have a CT scan next Tuesday.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 11:38 AM

I've got one on Thursday - they're pretty standard procedures, much better than an MRI to get through.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I've got one on Thursday - they're pretty standard procedures, much better than an MRI to get through.
..... but I don’t like the litre of water with iodine that I have to drink first!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 12:17 PM

I hope your results are positive Mart. Fingers crossed for you.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 01:21 PM

Thanks again and good luck to all those facing future scans. I hope the results are good.

They kept an eye on my lone kidney but stopped looking at it after many years of good results. Before CT scans, it was done by injecting iodine and then clamping the midriff to the X-ray table to keep the dye in the kidney and not let it drain into the bladder. Then it was X-rayed.

The clamp was really tight, almost enough to stop normal breathing. It gave a panicky feeling after a few minutes of this and some discipline was needed in order to remain calm.

Thank goodness for the CT scan of later years.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 01:29 PM

When do you get the results Mart of the scan , waiting is the worst part isn't it.
Hope all is well for you.

Good job we have 2 kidneys, my sister in law found out she had only been born with one when she had eclampsia and nearly died while giving birth.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
When do you get the results Mart of the scan , waiting is the worst part isn't it.
Hope all is well for you.

Good job we have 2 kidneys, my sister in law found out she had only been born with one when she had eclampsia and nearly died while giving birth.
Results are on 13th of June. A bad date maybe but I'm not superstitious.

One kidney is adequate for normal function but I think it maybe takes a bit longer for larger quantities of liquid to be processed ..as in 2 pints of beer.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Results are on 13th of June. A bad date maybe but I'm not superstitious.

One kidney is adequate for normal function but I think it maybe takes a bit longer for larger quantities of liquid to be processed ..as in 2 pints of beer.
Ohhh that's a long wait Mart I don't know why it should take so long.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

15-05-2018, 03:04 PM

It is quite a long wait but I'm quite good at pushing things to the back of my mind and forgetting them for a while.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

13-06-2018, 05:30 PM

I went to the hospital to get the CT scan results today. The news is good. There is no change in the size of the tumour in the remaining kidney. Still stable at 1.5cm big (more or less round in shape I'm presuming). This is the third year the size has been the same. I carry on for another year. Mrs mart won't need a replacement carer just yet.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top