Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 12:42 PM

Re: D.I.Y job

OMG just catching up on this thread.
Your poor wifey, and still in pain.
You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 01:30 PM

I've got similar (though smaller) screws in my left elbow.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->

We both feel it is quite late in the day to contemplate further operations with uncertain results. We also both feel she has been through enough and it's best to cope with conditions as they are. Unfortunately, there is lots more that could be written but this really would be banging on a bit and probably sound like moaning.
Yeah, I can understand that.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
Probably made of titanium Mart, cost an arm and a leg, if you'll pardon the pun.
If they are titanium you won't be able to modify them very easily, it "work hardens".
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 02:38 PM

Titanium scratches very easily.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Lee darlin' - when the surgeons operated on me and gave me metal hip and knee joints, because of severe damage to my lungs, I was unable to have General anaesthetic, so had epidurals for all four operations, which meant I was conscious throughout, could hear, but not feel the electric bone saw, and vibrations of it, and could feel the vibration of the hammer as he hammered the joints into place.
Oh UJ, that sounds dreadful for you to have to endure/hear. You poor man...
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Titanium scratches very easily.
First cut yes; second cut no!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Oh UJ, that sounds dreadful for you to have to endure/hear. You poor man...

Its alright 'Blue' darlin' - I wasn't that bothered. Before they gave me a set of 'metal' knees, I had to have what they called an Arthroscopy - which involved inserting two probes inside my knees, one of which was a camera and t'other chewed at the rough edges of the cartilege - much like pak-man computer game. The surgeon had set up a tv screen so he could see what he was doing and said screen was in my view too. Again I had had an epidural and was numb from the waist down, but I was fascinated by what the surgeon was doing to my knees.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 03:06 PM

When watching Professor Fitzpatrick the 'bionic vet ' I notice he uses loads of metalwork in the animals he treats as well as stem cells and a special compound that encourages flesh to grow onto the bones and around the metalwork.
I think his patients are better served than we are
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Its alright 'Blue' darlin' - I wasn't that bothered. Before they gave me a set of 'metal' knees, I had to have what they called an Arthroscopy - which involved inserting two probes inside my knees, one of which was a camera and t'other chewed at the rough edges of the cartilege - much like pak-man computer game. The surgeon had set up a tv screen so he could see what he was doing and said screen was in my view too. Again I had had an epidural and was numb from the waist down, but I was fascinated by what the surgeon was doing to my knees.
Mr Mags had the same keyhole surgery last year, only they were taking samples from his knee to test for live cultures due to him having TB in his knee about 50 years ago. He had a local anaesthetic for this and was aware of what was going on.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top