Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:10 AM

Ultra sound.

I have a friend who has bursitis in her thigh the same as I have.

She told me her physiotherapist had used an ultra sound device on her bursitis and it had helped.

At my hospital check up I asked if I could have one to treat mine and was refused - said it would do me no good because I'd had the condition for so long.

I'm feeling very disappointed and desperate for them to do something that will help me.

Has anybody had ultra sound treatment and did it help?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:41 AM

Re: Ultra sound.

Hi Carol I think you had a cortisone injection didn't you, did it help.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I have a friend who has bursitis in her thigh the same as I have.

She told me her physiotherapist had used an ultra sound device on her bursitis and it had helped.

At my hospital check up I asked if I could have one to treat mine and was refused - said it would do me no good because I'd had the condition for so long.

I'm feeling very disappointed and desperate for them to do something that will help me.

Has anybody had ultra sound treatment and did it help?
I think you need a discussion with your quack about that one??
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Carol I think you had a cortisone injection didn't you, did it help.

Yes Meg, it was wonderful but didn't last long. I've has 2 injections so far and I've been told that I can't have any more because they weaken the muscles and make the bones thin.

There doesn't seem to be much they can do for my condition.

As my friend said ultra sound had helped her I thought I''d ask on here if anybody else has had experience of it.

I will of course ask my doctor and my new physiotherapist about it - see if I can find out more.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Yes Meg, it was wonderful but didn't last long. I've has 2 injections so far and I've been told that I can't have any more because they weaken the muscles and make the bones thin.

There doesn't seem to be much they can do for my condition.

As my friend said ultra sound had helped her I thought I''d ask on here if anybody else has had experience of it.

I will of course ask my doctor and my new physiotherapist about it - see if I can find out more.

Yes I too had bursitis, yes I too had injections of Cortisone, yes they didn't work on me either, so I had the whole hip joint replaced. That has removed the pain.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 09:30 AM

I hope you find something that will give you a measure of relief soon, carol, constant pain is nasty.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

30-05-2018, 01:38 PM

Thank you Ffosse.

If I want to go anywhere for pleasure I take a very heavy dose of painkillers - 2x Ibuprofen, 2 x paracetamol, 2 x 30mg codeine, 2 x 300mg Gabapentin. 8 tablets in all to be repeated every 4 hours... Plus 1x Lansoprazole to protect my stomach from that lot.

When I recently had a day out with my friend I took the limit - 32 tablets in one day.

I know this is not good but the doctors just keep giving them to me.

I don't take this amount daily - just when I'm going somewhere for pleasure. At home I just suffer.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 07:50 PM

It's a pain (pun not intended) to have to take that much pain medication just to feel normal.

I can't take paracetamol because I have to take my temperature 4 times daily, and it can artificially lower readings. So the tablets I take are very strong but much fewer. I'm sure I'm going to come out of this cancer (or not come out of it) addicted mildly to opioids.

What I don't understand is how anyone can take these drugs for enjoyment - you have to take more and more for the same effect.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top