Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 12:40 PM

Re: More Corbyn Billy Bull Exposed

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Thanks, but I know all I need to know in this field. I've personally visited many food banks myself and spent time discussing the processes with the managers and the reasons why people come for food.

I was in the process of setting up a new food bank myself last year. Charity company created/registered etc etc. Looked at the Trussell Trust model and rejected it, it's like an old "Dad's Army" WWII affair and wholly inadequate imho.
There are much better ways to manage food banks.

Your article is hugely selective. Canvassing just 40 people from 100,000s who use food banks. I'm not swayed on iota by the cherry picked examples they chose to highlight.

In all cases the people using the food bank have encountered some kind of temporary emergency situation for whatever reason. In most cases that will be because the person has ignored their situation and left things to the last minute OR have utterly failed to plan ahead for unforeseen eventualities. For example, people suddenly losing their jobs.

Becoming unemployed is a hugely predictable life event and not planning for it is frankly just stupid. You should always have something put by for such things. That's simple money management and has nothing to do with Corbyn's duplicitous claims of "soaring inequality".

The benefits systems are backlogged and have been for some time, no question, and that needs to be fixed. But again, this has absolutely nothing to do with Corbyn's duplicitous claims of "soaring inequality".

Bottom line as I said before is that people have to live within their means. People who have little income, whose job security is going to be uncertain or at risk, should not imo be having lots of kids. There is a responsibility that comes with having kids, there's a known average cost associated with keeping a child and bringing it up. What we have today is a section of society who have had lots of kids in order to simply claim more and more bennies which is frankly despicable and thoroughly irresponsible. That situation HAD to be stopped and rightly so. Parents have to take responsibility for their actions and need to prioritise their lives so that provision for their kids is well established.

And so on and so forth.

The benefits claim game is over matey and it was a very long time coming. The fraudulent many, the loafers, wasters, druggies, alcoholics and outright scroungers, have spoilt things for the genuine few. We can't run benefits systems that feed these lazy individuals. No point constantly bleating about the government making the changes. Blame the wasters whose actions lead to such changes becoming necessary in the first place.

Life is tough, and everyone HAS to live within their means. No free lunches any more.

Thank you the spokesman for Heinrich Himmler!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top