Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 01:17 PM

RBS (threads merged)

The scumbag 'nasty party', have for many years professed their finacial acumen and competence - no more can they do this, since today they have sold off, in the face of opposition a large chunk of RBS shares at a loss of more than £2.1 Billion. Seems that political dogma rules instead of financial acumen.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/06/0...-billion-loss/
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 01:41 PM

Re: RBS (threads merged)

I seem to remember that Brown gave away half the nations gold some years ago...or doesn't that fit your pathetic posts trying to make out that incompetence is just in the hands of one party?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 02:03 PM

As much as I loathe the Tory Party I thought Brown was/is a total silly ass and waste of space..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
As much as I loathe the Tory Party I thought Brown was/is a total silly ass and waste of space..
I would agree Roxy darlin' but now the scumbags in the 'nasty party' are just as bad, if not worse!!! and they cannot now play the 'holier than thou' card any more!!!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
I seem to remember that Brown gave away half the nations gold some years ago...or doesn't that fit your pathetic posts trying to make out that incompetence is just in the hands of one party?
It obviously escaped Gordon Brown too. The prize prat was interviewed by Lorna Kuenssberg and he said that " There's no excuse for selling the shares at under their potential value." Obviously the sense of irony is lost on him.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
It obviously escaped Gordon Brown too. The prize prat was interviewed by Lorna Kuenssberg and he said that " There's no excuse for selling the shares at under their potential value." Obviously the sense of irony is lost on him.
They always know best when they are not in power.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 06:22 PM

What can you do when the Labour administration overpaid for the shares in the first place? Paying over £5 a share for a bank going bankrupt seemed sheer lunacy to me at the time ...... and actually still does.

It appears we still own over 60% of the stock, so let's just hope the share price improves before the next tranche of shares is sold off ...
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 06:46 PM

The Government has argued it is “unrealistic” to expect taxpayers will ever make a profit on their £45bn bailout of RBS, after a 7.7pc stake in the state-controlled bank was sold at a £2bn-plus loss overnight

Carillion collapses

Government support to the rail industry is roughly three times what it was at the end of the 1980s

I always thought the Tories were the party that helped business....................but is this taking the mick ?

Something here smells to me, perhaps somebody can tell me how this is good for us all ?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
What can you do when the Labour administration overpaid for the shares in the first place? Paying over £5 a share for a bank going bankrupt seemed sheer lunacy to me at the time ...... and actually still does.
Indeed.

We are still living in the catastrophic aftermath of the last Looney Labour government, where the uber arrogant and stupid Gordon Brown took the country to the very brink of bankruptcy. Our belligerent Commie Uncle Joe can bleat all he likes about relatively small events, but the fact remains that it was LOONEY LABOUR who destroyed this economy and p1ssed away the country's gold reserves.

Gordon Brown brings Britain to the edge of bankruptcy

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/...ankruptcy.html

"They don't know what they're doing, do they? With every step taken by the Government [Looney Labour] as it tries frantically to prop up the British banking system, this central truth becomes ever more obvious"

"The country stands on the precipice. We are at risk of utter humiliation, of London becoming a Reykjavik on Thames and Britain going under. Thanks to the arrogance, hubristic strutting and serial incompetence of the Government and a group of bankers, the possibility of national bankruptcy is not unrealistic.

The political impact will be seismic; anger will rage. The haunted looks on the faces of those in supporting roles, such as the Chancellor, suggest they have worked out that a tragedy is unfolding here. Gordon Brown is engaged no longer in a standard battle for re-election; instead he is fighting to avoid going down in history disgraced completely."

"He turned on the fountain of cheap money and encouraged the country to swim in it. House prices rose, debt went through the roof and the illusion won elections. Throughout, Brown boasted of the beauty of his regulatory structure, when those in charge of it were failing to ask the most basic questions of financial institutions. The same bankers Brown now claims to be angry with, he once wooed"

LOONEY LABOUR !

NEVER AGAIN !
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 07:46 PM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top