Join for free
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 11:43 AM

Heat Exhaustion.

Have you ever suffered it?

i looked up the symptoms, mostly of which i have,..i was in the sun on Sunday, painting a fence,i wore a hat,but the lower part of my head,neck and shoulders were exposed, stupid me thought i would be fine,..the symptoms didn't start until the monday night,i was even able to go to work, on the tuesday,but could only manage 2 hrs,and had to come home,....i have been in bed ever since,..talk about scarey,i am feeling slightly better today,so watch out for that sun folk!!..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 12:08 PM

Re: Heat Exhaustion.

Never see the blighter down in Wetshire
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 12:10 PM

Yes, and I wish I hadn't. I wanted to redesign the garden this year to make it easier to look after. It took me ten days on my own (for most of it) I needed to move a few huge shrubs to the bottom of the garden so I dug everything out, weeded. Got the shrubs moved (eventually) made weed killer for everywhere,then put plastic covering down and bag after bag of big bark chips. It got really hot during that time and I started to feel awful but me being me refused to stop till it was finished. By the end of it I spent 3 days flat out, too done to move, I have high Blood Pressure too and that didn't help..
Was worth it though the garden looks grand..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Have you ever suffered it?

i looked up the symptoms, mostly of which i have,..i was in the sun on Sunday, painting a fence,i wore a hat,but the lower part of my head,neck and shoulders were exposed, stupid me thought i would be fine,..the symptoms didn't start until the monday night,i was even able to go to work, on the tuesday,but could only manage 2 hrs,and had to come home,....i have been in bed ever since,..talk about scarey,i am feeling slightly better today,so watch out for that sun folk!!..
Never had it Pauline.

Glad you are feeling a bit better today.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top