Join for free
Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 10:22 PM

Re: Tummy Bloating

Well here's today's loaf. A bit squiffy with my shaping, but had plenty of oven spring and will taste just fine. Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast, nothing more.
Only 10 mins of my actual time expended to make it.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 11:21 PM

Returning to the OP, Susie I hope you can arrange an appointment to see your doctor soon, it is important that you are checked over before anything else.

I realise it is a difficult time for you at the moment but try to find time for yourself and your own health.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 12:06 AM

I think stress can cause bloating some medical people think that the intestines etc have nerves that be aggravated by stress.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 08:28 PM

My god, I only wanted some advice on bloating, but look what I have done.

Bratti and Mags, my GP appointment is on Tuesday, but then he will have to refer me to the Hospital for Allergy Testing which could takes weeks/months, so sorry can't tell you any more.

My stomach is still bloated and of late not been able to do much, because I have been back and forth to the Care Home for my MIL, and trying to move home the stress of it all is getting to me and now my MIL has died, so perhaps I can move on now.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 11:10 AM

Well have been to see my GP this morning and what a waste of time that was, might as well not bothered.

For some reason he won't send my for Allergy Testing, instead I've got to have a blood test for Intolerance and a Scan. He thinks its to do with my Diverticulitis and Polyps that I have and suggested in the meantime to eat more fibre, such as:

Beans, Lentils, Brown Rice, quinoa, Fruit & Vegs, nuts & seeds, wholegrain Bread, Cereals, Brown Pasta.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 11:37 AM

First off I’m so sorry for your loss Susie.
Stress can indeed do strange things to the body
It’s too bad he won’t send you for allergy testing.
My mom had diverticulitis and it ‘can’ bloat the stomach
Good luck Susie. I wish you the best of luck.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
suggested in the meantime to eat more fibre, such as:

Beans, Lentils, Brown Rice, quinoa, Fruit & Vegs, nuts & seeds, wholegrain Bread, Cereals, Brown Pasta.
Well get to' foot of our stairs !! I'm sure someone in this thread recommended and posted a similar list of high fibre foods, around page 4 I think !!

Susie I know what bloating feels like. Have you eaten a load of rice or pasta recently before it started? I suffer from it sometimes and I generally avoid rice now as I have found that it clearly blocks my system. I suspect I have a narrow part in my intestine (for reasons I understand) and things like rice simply clump up and then block the passage of food. Have you ever tested your food transit time?
Look into that.

Meanwhile, consider getting some simple Epsom salts or equiv "Health salts" and have a couple of teaspoons of that in water. They will open up your tubes so to speak and help everything move along. Since you're an adult I can happily assume you will check if any conditions you have would prevent you from having health salts.

ATB
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

19-06-2018, 11:55 AM

Hi Realist,

Pasta I don't normally eat, if I do its probably once or twice a year, Rice I have a small amount about every two weeks. But as I said I do have Diverticulius and Polyps and have had several Colonoscopy tests done on me. Would the Health Salts make me go to the toilet though, as I have the runs all the time at least six times a day, so I don't want more of that.

Thanks for the Advice.

Bratti, thank you.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 01:42 PM

It's happened to me a few times in hospital - bloating and swollen ankles due to a saline drip giving me too much water, that and not being able to move around much.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Well have been to see my GP this morning and what a waste of time that was, might as well not bothered.

For some reason he won't send my for Allergy Testing, instead I've got to have a blood test for Intolerance and a Scan. He thinks its to do with my Diverticulitis and Polyps that I have and suggested in the meantime to eat more fibre, such as:

Im sorry for your loss Susie, no wonder you are so under the weather with all the stress you have been under

At this time in point I would say your GP is suggesting the best plan, up your fibre and cut out sweeteners if he's not suggested that

If you cant physically eat more fibre you ban buy fybogel, which you drink

The longer you can keep solids in you, the less room there is for the bacteria to multiply and cause bloating and pain so you need to firm up

Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top