Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:06 PM

Re: Do you have an accent?

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Yes 100 %.

Every one seems to like my accent as it is not widely heard in the UK.......unless you are from my local area!

I feel sorry for those who have lost their regional identity.....

My accent gives me a wonderful sense of belonging.
Yes I bet
What part of Scotland Moscow?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I'd probably fink you were a right Savern geezer
'ampshire born, 'ampshire bred. Strong in the arm and good in bed.......
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:08 PM

well if I moved back to SW London I wouldn't

But here, yes I stick out like a sore thumb
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:09 PM

Cone to think of it...
I think Nom thought I had an accent when I spoke to Pesta in Welsh on here
I don't mind having a soft nth. Walian accent
but if it's a strong one yeah, you tend to say, yeah n aye after everything you say aye!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:16 PM

I sound as common as muck, when I hear myself on a recording I'm like, omg do I really sound like that LOL

I 'av a reyt Yorkshire accent tha' nos, a dunt sarnd me eightches
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Yes I bet
What part of Scotland Moscow?
That's just it Rhian.......I live in Scotland ( Scottish Borders.....beautiful part of the country) and I'm a Scottish citizen by residence and my partner is Scottish born and bred but as for me..............

I'm a West Country boy with a strong north Bristol/Gloucestershire accent.......Now that will shock a few on here, lol!

The advantage I've got up here is that it's an accent rarely heard and the locals seem to love it.

I think they get fed up with the Geordie/Northumberland/Cumbrian accents and mine is a refreshing change
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Accents don't matter, if folk don't feel the need to talk.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:18 PM

Yes, a Leeds accent. Can’t seem to shake it off despite leaving the area over 50 years ago!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

10-06-2018, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Yes, a Leeds accent. Can’t seem to shake it off despite leaving the area over 50 years ago!
Interesting Val!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

10-06-2018, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
That's just it Rhian.......I live in Scotland ( Scottish Borders.....beautiful part of the country) and I'm a Scottish citizen by residence and my partner is Scottish born and bred but as for me..............

I'm a West Country boy with a strong north Bristol/Gloucestershire accent.......Now that will shock a few on here, lol!

The advantage I've got up here is that it's an accent rarely heard and the locals seem to love it.

I think they get fed up with the Geordie/Northumberland/Cumbrian accents and mine is a refreshing change
I love the Bristol accent

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top