Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 05:55 AM

Re: Are You,

Hi

No routine for me at all, the joys of not working, doing things on impulse.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
A routine person?...or do you just do things,as and when,it suits you?

Do you have a daily routine?
I have daily routines, which I like to stick to every day of the year, if possible.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 08:34 AM

work, otherwise no I wouldn't have a routine. I like to do things as and when I feel like it. My dad is a stickler for routine and it upsets him if he has to change it. I wonder if strict routine is a sign of OCD?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 08:45 AM

I suppose we all have some routines it's impossible not to...we go to bed we wake up feed pets take a shower all that stuff. But routine as in today I do this or cook that ..nope I don't do that not at all.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 09:20 AM

I have to have drinks at certain times of the day otherwise I would forget as I never feel thirsty.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 09:31 AM

I have morning routines but after that I just do what needs to be done throughout the rest of the day.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 01:00 PM

My morning's are routine but after lunch very much depends on what (if anything) my OH wants me to do. Living on a farm you just never know.
I am up at 6am.
Toilet and clean teeth ect.
Pint of Lemon water for me, coffee for himself.

Out the door at 6.45.
In pool for back of seven.
swim between 40 to 50 lengths.
Shopping on way home if needed.
Breakfast for all at 9.30am.
Out with the dog for 1.1/2 _ 2 hours.
Make lunch for 1pm and see if himself wants me for work, if not I mess about in the garden or housework.

Get dinner ready for 7pm and hopefully have the evening for relaxing, not always though.
Bed 10.30 _11pm.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 02:48 PM

Wow Pauline! Routine? For 52 years of full-time working, 6 kids, commuting 5 days a week, shopping, cleaning, cooking. This household had to run like a well-oiled clock.

Now, since all the chicks have flown the nest and we are both retired, I have thrown routine right out of the window. We get up when we wake up, we have breakfast when we want it, we of course have a shower and dress as usual - and walk the dogs twice a day - but that is the only routine left. sometimes we don't even fancy eating dinner at 6 oclock, we'll have a piece of toast and jam or a couple of sausage rolls on a tray in the front room with a lovely china mug of tea, and watch the telly.
Most days will find me and he who must obey, sitting out on the deck doing the crossword with yet another mug of tea (or two). Luvely Jubbly as my Cockney significant half would say.

Cleaning? who cares anymore about cleaning? Those days of cleaning first thing in the morning and last thing at night every single day are but a distant memory now. I go through this house from top to bottom on a Monday only and that is it! for the rest of the week, as long as it looks tidy if anyone calls, it does for me.

Nope, my routine days are happily over, FOREVER!
Life is too short for routine.
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 02:11 AM

My wife and I would fit right in with our family schedule. I don't know why people say they flounder about if they don't stick with a schedule. If there's a reason for doing something promptly at 10 AM, that's when it gets done but I don't need to "practice" every day just to get the few important appointments or chores done on time. It has a ring of OCD as someone else mentioned in a post. Not that there's anything wrong with it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 06:08 AM

Shroppy, is that every Monday, without fail, even Bank Holidays?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top