Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 12:14 PM

Re: Breaking News - Today

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Until neanderthal knuckle draggers like Chope scream "Object".
Some times you do actually post something worthwhile, politically that is.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 12:14 PM

It's not about point scoring, Swim.

Brexit is more fundamental than that.

There will always be winners and losers and any example of either justifies nothing.

Brexit is a state of mind.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
any extra funding for the nhs is good news but we also have to make sure that the rest of the world doesn't continue using it for free.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We never sent £350 Million a week to the EU.
Give or take a few million.........What's the point of constantly quibbling about it?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 03:09 PM

Hardly has the ink dried on TM's claims to find £600Million for the NHS, than such claim is being rubbished by one of her own scumbag 'nasty party' member and chair of the Health Service Select Committee.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/06/1...y-senior-tory/
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
There is a bill to be paid for leaving, it is not all profit.

I voted Leave, with a heavy heart, but did so none the less.

My view was that it was always going to hurt, but worth it.
It's interesting isn't it how today's greedy and materialistic populace weighs up the pro's and cons of BrExit in terms of money. Cost of lost jobs, loss of profits and so on.

Yet our grandparents and great-grand parents, seeing the clear and present dangers of foreign powers taking over the country, destroying our very Nationality, traditions and values simple stood in line to receive their share of blood, guts and suffering, giving up their lives, willingly and fervently to prevent the creeping foreign menace from breaching our shores. The took to the air, took to the seas and marched for miles on end on land in order to defeat the enemy. And they succeeded paving the way for our freedoms and deliverance from ruthless dictators.

What a sacrifice !

Fast forward 50-60 years and we have a populace bickering amongst itself about how much money will be lost or will change hands as a result of leaving the EU.

It's actually pretty sick.

We need to remember where we came from, how our freedoms were bought and paid for and quit moaning, stand up, be counted and make sure we get the hell out of the EU, completely, totally and permanently.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Any extra funding for the NHS is good news but we also have to make sure that the rest of the World doesn't continue using it for free.
Originally Posted by caricature ->
Good point,
Actually, at my medical review on Thursday, I mentioned health tourism to the pharmacist. She assured me that losses due to health tourism is less than 1% of the total losses to the NHS.

She explained that by far the greatest losses to NHS finances is waste, which I can well believe.

I assume that such things include the purchase, at greatly inflated prices, of pharmaceuticals. I have heard such examples of over the counter medicines (such as ibuprofen) being prescribed and costing the NHS way over the actual over the counter prices, which I can well believe.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:48 PM

Erm guys, you really do need to read the small print on this. I know that can be a challenge when you're long-sighted but it's not £600m per week right here and now and they are not talking about the mythical EU "dividend" funding this in full. This is a long term plan to kick in in 2023/24 and given levels of growth isn't going to solve any problems. What they are basically talking about is tax rises to fund the nhs and using brexit mythical dividends as a shield to make that easier to swallow for the brexit voting section of the population.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Actually, at my medical review on Thursday, I mentioned health tourism to the pharmacist. She assured me that losses due to health tourism is less than 1% of the total losses to the NHS.

She explained that by far the greatest losses to NHS finances is waste, which I can well believe.

I assume that such things include the purchase, at greatly inflated prices, of pharmaceuticals. I have heard such examples of over the counter medicines (such as ibuprofen) being prescribed and costing the NHS way over the actual over the counter prices, which I can well believe.
Well maybe instead of complaining you can go in there and sort that out JBR because of course your pharmacist is right on about "health tourism" having nothing to do with the problem. It's a tiny amount relative to other waste. I recall I read that one of the biggest drains is the massive pension payouts to ex-nhs staff. That's probably a third of the annual spend. Labour reduced the lucrative pensions, but plenty who complain about inefficiency are on the more lucrative schemes and sucking money out of the NHS as we type. Perhaps they want to give up their pension as a token gesture?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
It's interesting isn't it how today's greedy and materialistic populace weighs up the pro's and cons of BrExit in terms of money. Cost of lost jobs, loss of profits and so on.

Yet our grandparents and great-grand parents, seeing the clear and present dangers of foreign powers taking over the country, destroying our very Nationality, traditions and values simple stood in line to receive their share of blood, guts and suffering, giving up their lives, willingly and fervently to prevent the creeping foreign menace from breaching our shores. The took to the air, took to the seas and marched for miles on end on land in order to defeat the enemy. And they succeeded paving the way for our freedoms and deliverance from ruthless dictators.

What a sacrifice !

Fast forward 50-60 years and we have a populace bickering amongst itself about how much money will be lost or will change hands as a result of leaving the EU.

It's actually pretty sick.

We need to remember where we came from, how our freedoms were bought and paid for and quit moaning, stand up, be counted and make sure we get the hell out of the EU, completely, totally and permanently.
Good, thought provoking, post, Realist.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top