Join for free
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:18 PM

Granddaughter's first words.

My second granddaughter is nearly 18 months old. She talks a lot of words which are hard to understand, but this comes out as clear as a bell, "Oh Dear" I'm not sure whether she is
referring to the Brexit talks, England's World Cup chances, or more to the point, her grandad's dress sense!! Oh dear
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:20 PM

Re: Granddaughter's first words.

Aww... how sweet John

Wait until she starts learning more words, it's surprising what they come out with sometimes
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:29 PM

What a lovely thread.
Bless x
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 02:20 AM

Most likely your last thought !! We have a flock of great grands around this age and they are precious.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 04:08 AM

That's lovely, John.

My granddaughter was less than two years old when I heard her say "Grandad" for the first time. I told her mother and others about this and they didn't believe me as she hadn't uttered a word to them before that, and didn't say anything else for about six months later.
It was all a bit surreal to be honest and I do wonder sometimes if I imagined it!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 05:38 AM

Hi

Unforgettable moments aren't they?

My sons first word was Tractor, he loved them.

It seriously upset Mum, who was hoping for Mamma or some thing similar.

My daughter started speaking as she meant to go on.

Her first word was No.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 05:45 AM

Oh dear John.. cherished moments
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 08:15 AM

Our eldest girl started talking at 5 months old, as I believe I did, and was talking in proper sentences by the time she was 14 months old. Her father was reading her the unabridged version of 'Wind in the Willows' at 18 months. Howeve,r she didn't start walking until she was 18 months, I was 23 months before I trod the boards.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
My second granddaughter is nearly 18 months old. She talks a lot of words which are hard to understand, but this comes out as clear as a bell, "Oh Dear" I'm not sure whether she is
referring to the Brexit talks, England's World Cup chances, or more to the point, her grandad's dress sense!! Oh dear
That was funny John, and cute.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top