Join for free
Page 223 of 1676 « First < 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 723 1223 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 10:03 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

sprung a leak?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 10:18 PM

Not yet.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 01:07 AM

well at your age you must be getting close to it!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 11:44 AM

I went to a Fire Exit exhibition yesterday with some aged Hippies I know, I thought it was dull and boring, but, they thought it was Way-Out Man.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What happened to the Sprog?
The film was over before the child was born, however I heard from a reliable source that they had a son and he learned to read and write, read a lot of books and won a scholarship to Oxford where he studied law. He graduated and developed into a fine handsome man, then he went to London where he acquired premises to set up a law firm, on his way to pick up the keys he slipped on a banana skin and was knocked down by a tram, fatally injured. A tragic end really, he had such a promising future.and possibly the makings of another film for the studio.
I’m sure there’s a moral here somewhere, but I’m damned if I can spot the connection between a banana and a lawyer, now had he been just an ordinary copper he and the banana would both be peelers. Oh God! it's worse I'm gettin in me old age.
Back to the drawing board with yeh Jem.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

25-04-2017, 03:28 PM

Wasn't the Sprog the product of the Butler (and the Lady), and see, the son should have known, coming from such a background, to have Dumbed Down, being Fruitful beyond one's station, can be fatal, as illustrated here. Then, think of the impact of this situation on the Tram Driver, a crowd gathers, the Driver disembarks, a concerned looker-on asks the Driver "is the Lad alive", "I think not" replies the Driver "I think the Bastards Dead".
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

26-04-2017, 02:14 PM

I was out walkin the dog today along the old ill stream, when I saw me old mate Shamus standing in the middle of the stream with a container in his hand. What for goodness sake are you doing there Shamus I asked? Well said Shamus me doctor wants me to take a mid stream urine sample!

I think he’s takin the piss says I!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

26-04-2017, 02:15 PM

I was talking to me old mate Paddy “My doctor suggests that I need some nose surgery to correct an old boxing wound. How much would that cost I asked ?” – Oh said the doc around 15 thousand pounds he replied – Paddy replied – I think ya paying through the nose!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Wasn't the Sprog the product of the Butler (and the Lady), and see, the son should have known, coming from such a background, to have Dumbed Down, being Fruitful beyond one's station, can be fatal, as illustrated here. Then, think of the impact of this situation on the Tram Driver, a crowd gathers, the Driver disembarks, a concerned looker-on asks the Driver "is the Lad alive", "I think not" replies the Driver "I think the Bastards Dead".

Actually I believe the tram driver did a runner after the accident Spitty, the police eventually tracked him to a monastery in Scotland, the monks had given him sanctuary as he had gone completely off the rails, unfortunately that used to happen to a lot of tram drivers back then, some were sent for treatment then reemployed as conductors, but a lot of them couldn’t handle the change and would spark up at the innocent passengers, eventually they had to go.
I miss the old bus conductors on the busses, like everything else in the interest of progress they had to go, interest in profit more likely, still since they vanished the state transport company is still running at a loss and the experts at the top of the heap had to install cameras to conduct the passengers and that doesn’t seem to stop the hooliganism, experts my arse.
I alway thought well of bus conductors, isn’t it an achievement to be able to conduct those who cannot conduct themselves, sort of like mods on a forum.
Remember the ‘Breasters’ on lorries years ago? everything seems to a one man/woman operation nowadays and yet the service is worse than it ever was, methinks we were all conned, in the interest of progress of course.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

26-04-2017, 04:07 PM

Good ones there Gummy, reminds me of this very old one.

Paddy and Shamus were trying to escape from the nut house, Paddy says to Shamus “We’ll never get over the huge outside wall, it’s 20 feet high” “Not to worry” says Shamus “I have a great idea, we’ll go at midnight and I’ll get me powerful torch and shine it up the wall, you can walk up the beam and get on the top of the wall, then I’ll throw you up the torch and you shine it down and I’ll walk up it”
“I don’t think so, I don’t trust you Shamus, your always playing tricks on me” says Paddy “When I’m halfway up the wall you’ll turn off the flashlight for a laugh”

It’s back to work now for another few hours, and just when the sun is coming out too.

Page 223 of 1676 « First < 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 723 1223 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top