Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 09:49 AM

Members Meeting up???

I know that Kenny and others who are recent members here have previously met up in Liverpool, but that's a bit too far north (everything north of Watford Gap is foreign parts), so how about a meeting - perhaps in London where we can all get to???, or two meetings - those of us who live in the South attend one, those further North attend one in a place more convenient???
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 10:44 AM

Re: Members Meeting up???

Or here on the east coast.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 10:47 AM

If you're having regular meet ups Uncle Joe some of us would be willing to travel and have a stopover. I know ex SAGA members who used to travel up and down the country attending meets.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by venus ->
If you're having regular meet ups Uncle Joe some of us would be willing to travel and have a stopover. I know ex SAGA members who used to travel up and down the country attending meets.

That might be so darlin' but my mobility is far from being 'clever' and so travelling long distances is not an option for me.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I know that Kenny and others who are recent members here have previously met up in Liverpool, but that's a bit too far north (everything north of Watford Gap is foreign parts), so how about a meeting - perhaps in London where we can all get to???, or two meetings - those of us who live in the South attend one, those further North attend one in a place more convenient???
Joe, me old pal, me old beauty; What a great idea. I regularly go to Sydney or Canberra we southerners could all meet up there.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 01:11 PM

I've been to local meets but wouldn't go further afield, nor overnight, perhaps it's just me but even at our local meets not everyone got on but at least it was only for a few hours, some people are different again than their online persona so I wouldn't take that chance
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 01:19 PM

We were a Scotish group on SZ and a crowd of us still meet up. We go away for weekends, overnight stays, lunches. We've become great pals. We're going on an overnight stay to a favourite hotel of ours at Loch Lomond in October.

I hope you all manage to arrange meets and have a great time and meet good friends
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I've been to local meets but wouldn't go further afield, nor overnight, perhaps it's just me but even at our local meets not everyone got on but at least it was only for a few hours, some people are different again than their online persona so I wouldn't take that chance
Completely agree people I have met because we have been great friends on forums have turned out to be very different in real life. Not horrible people just not who I thought they were.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 03:57 PM

I found some of them had a hidden agenda, one girl sounded ok online but was off her head in real life, wouldn't have known what the truth was if it jumped up and bit her on her bum she told that many lies!
Guys asked for my mobile number, not a chance!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Completely agree people I have met because we have been great friends on forums have turned out to be very different in real life. Not horrible people just not who I thought they were.
We've been lucky. We all get on well and have a good chat and lots of laughs. I might add that there were others on the forum who didn't meet with us. It's a personal choice. It's nice if you meet and you just click

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top