Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 03:58 PM

Re: Sick of being sick?

This is a brilliant introduction:

However I would go easy on the fruits, and think home-made yoghurt can be tolerated by some (if done for 24 hours as opposed to the store-bought 6).
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 06:54 PM

Great video. I'd personally love to eat all natural. But I don't live by any lakes or streams to catch my own fish, I don't have a farm to raise my own livestock and I don't have room to grow my own fruits and vegetables (not to mention I lack the patience and energy it takes to maintain a nice garden).

So what happens? I, like most other people, depend on someone else for my food. And, sadly, a lot of the food we eat, even 'fresh' meats and 'fresh' produce, has been manipulated in one way or another by the industries that produce it all.

That's a lot of the problem, in my personal opinion. Yes, even though we've evolved and still carry the same DNA as our caveman counterparts, the world has evolved as well and we've become too dependent on modern convenience.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Have you cut gluten completely out of your diet?

Something that will help your gut lining is L-Glutamine powder, have you tried that? If not would you consider it? (It's a teaspoon a few times a day mixed in water).
Yes, no gluten and very careful re cross contamination so rarely eat out.
What is L-Glutamine, what does it do, Azz? I would consider trying anything at the moment.

ETA
I have just googled this supplement and as I have an appointment with my gastro next month I may mention it to her, see what she thinks.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top