Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
senile1
Virginia,USA
senile1 is male  senile1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 12:12 AM

your opinion please...................

There are many criteria for determining one's worthiness as a political and/or military leader. Much has been made over the years, especially in the states, as to how one's race and /or gender translates into one's fitness/ ability to govern/lead. Today , with gay rights becoming a major concern in US and world politics, do you see a gay leader of a major world power in the near future, and how would you vote?
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 12:46 AM

Re: your opinion please...................

Someday we may have an open gay president. We do have many open gay leaders in our country. Its a mindset of acceptance. Something we neglected to in the past. Something we will be more open to in the future
senile1
Virginia,USA
senile1 is male  senile1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Someday we may have an open gay president. We do have many open gay leaders in our country. Its a mindset of acceptance. Something we neglected to in the past. Something we will be more open to in the future

The United States Senate on tuesday approved Eric Fanning as Secretary of the United States Army, making him the first openly gay leader of a US military branch. I do believe we are slowly starting to accept people for what they bring to the table and getting away from such intangibles not important to the jobs they are being considered for.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 06:24 AM

A person's sexuality or gender shouldn't be an issue. I'm sure if you looked into the preferences of the past leaders or people in power there are all sorts of things going on.
As long as they are doing their jobs properly and without corruption or prejudice I would vote for them.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 07:05 AM

It's not an issue with me . I don't think it should be either .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
A person's sexuality or gender shouldn't be an issue. I'm sure if you looked into the preferences of the past leaders or people in power there are all sorts of things going on.
As long as they are doing their jobs properly and without corruption or prejudice I would vote for them.

Very true I would imagine

Originally Posted by susan m ->
It's not an issue with me . I don't think it should be either .

I agree entirely.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 02:52 PM

Like Susan M, its not an issue for me and I don't think it should be. Thankfully, the younger generation do not seem to have inherited the homophobia of some older people.

I see a joke was made yesterday on the "gay marriage" threads about gays being "a pain in the bum". It makes you embarrassed for any gay people on this forum reading this rubbish.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 03:00 PM

Homosexuality is normal, it would be great if the UK had a openly gay PM.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 03:05 PM

Face it-if you were responsible for launching thermonuclear weapons be careful who shafts you.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 03:15 PM

Both the Labour and Tory Leaders in Scotland are Lesbians..plenty of negativity about Their Politics..but none whatsoever about Them being gay..and rightly so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top