Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2016, 10:39 PM

Re: Doing Porridge

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I make it occasionally, but it does nothing for me and an hour or so later I'm hungry. On the other hand, if I make a full English fry up (again, not often) it keeps me full for hours. I've added honey, a banana, nuts, cinnamon to porridge to try and improve it but to me it's just glutinous paste.
That's because of all the protein from the meat and the beans (if you have them) and the eggs. Protein keeps you feeling fuller longer than carbohydrates.
callistra
london uk
callistra is female  callistra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 03:40 PM

Re: Doing Porridge

I find overnight oats or jar oats as the Americans call them easier to eat and digest.
Good quality rolled oats in a jar, soak in water, milk, juice etc with some raisins, chopped medjool dates or figs. Leave in fridge overnight so oats go creamy and soften. In the morning add berries or nuts or banana, a spoonful of almond butter or compote, even a sprinkle of bran flakes for crunch. Whatever you like really. Spoon some yogurt on top or cream/soy cream if you are feeling decadent.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top