Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 02:59 PM

My lease extension fiasco

Bear with, bear with.

Emailed my HA so hoping for a reply today, asking for progress, who I would hear from next etc. Yes, got a reply, stating they had instructed their solicitors (W) on 20 December, and they would proceed with it all. It was suggested I contact my own (C), which I did.

Got two separate messages from C, in one they attached a copy letter from W, dated 21 December, about the instructions, and asking for their fee of £1,000 to proceed.

In another, C reminded me 'please note we have yet to receive the signed client care form, and the monies, to proceed.'

At this I got quite cross! So I tried phoning C, had to leave a voice mail, and emailed them, asking why had they assumed I knew what to do, before they'd told me? Hey, I'm new to this! I don't know how it works: you tell ME!

There has been an un-necessary delay now. Yes Christmas got in the way a bit, but there have been plenty of working days since, when they could have just emailed and said, they'd got the letter from W, here's what we do next.

Had I not emailed the HA, who knows how long the silence would have gone on for? Keep checking emails: nothing. No phone call either.

W reminded C in their letter that there is only a 4 month period in which to complete this, otherwise I am liable to pay for a revaluation. In yer dreams!!

I'd already pointed this out to C, so they'd better pull their finger out, else there'll be trouble.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 04:11 PM

Re: My lease extension fiasco

Go for it Jazzi, don't let them win.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 04:27 PM

Jazzi, the Client Care letter is the Solicitors covering their backs, but yes, you should have some form of redress if this matter has been so badly handled.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 05:32 PM

Sounds like terrible service, often people seem to assume a client knows things only someone with experience or in the business could possibly !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 05:34 PM

I have sent them another email, and in the meantime have also emailed the housing association telling them of the situation, and have been contacting other solicitors, to get more quotes. I have a feeling this company will be getting the boot from me.

In the meantime, if I hear nothing by tomorrow I will make an unexpected call into their office. I finish at the library around 3, doing the computer drop in session, and it's a few minute walk from there. They won't be able to avoid a physical presence now, will they? LOL.

Lochsong, thanks for the explanation.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

03-01-2017, 07:06 PM

I have now received the documents I need to proceed, but am now waiting for a text message with bank details for me to start paying the extortionate fees, lol.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 09:58 PM

Good luck with it jazzi, you deserve some luck !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 10:14 PM

Jazzi I hope you can get this legal problem sorted out quickly and to your satisfaction.
It must be a worry for you and very frustrating .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

03-01-2017, 11:25 PM

It is frustrating, especially when you have a fast disappearing 4 month time frame ticking away, with 2 weeks gone by with barely anything to show for it. I hope to still call into the office tomorrow. Let's get this show on the road! Lol.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 12:45 AM

Jazzi, How annoying for you, especially at the start of the new year! I hope when you go in to see them tomorrow, they will start to make progress and maybe by Spring it should be all sorted!!

PS. Any news on the taps you returned?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top