Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2017, 05:33 PM

Re: Does Anyone Want To Talk About Gall Stones?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Eliza, Now l wish l hadn't asked! I wonder if they can dissolve them?
I feel like l have aliens living in me!
Ive read they can be shattered with shock waves

This is part of a story i copied off the net
.................................................. ..............................
Doctors would break up the gallstone into tiny bits using a probe that fires shock waves of energy, and then it could be removed bit by bit.

So, at the end of January, I went to Liverpool. I was given a general anaesthetic and was in theatre first thing in the morning. The procedure took 90 minutes.

When I came to I felt fine — it was the first time in years I’d not had any sort of discomfort, sickness or pain. I went home at 5pm.

Since then I’ve been able to go back to gardening and walking the dog, and seeing my daughter and grandchildren, and I make sure I eat healthily.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz4aBegNm9o
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2017, 08:51 PM

Both my parents had their gall bladder removed, I have, and my older sister also.

Not sure about brother, but am fairly sure younger sister has escaped it!

I remember the pain I once suffered. Owch!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2017, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Both my parents had their gall bladder removed, I have, and my older sister also.

Not sure about brother, but am fairly sure younger sister has escaped it!

I remember the pain I once suffered. Owch!
Thanks for that! Jazzi. It sounds like a few gallbladders were collected from your family!!
I have only had the bad pain twice so far and twinges!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 12:26 AM

Gallstones . . . ok here goes.

Millions of Americans each year trot off to the hospital to have their gallbladders removed unnecessarily. This is another of those medical industry "conveyor belt" systems. present with gallstone issues and you'll just end up on that conveyor belt and ultimate they will whip it out.

Such as shame as a great many people can very simply treat themselves with natural processes.

You say you have stones Artangel and some of them are big. You need to define what big is to be able to make a decision. Did they tell you?

It's kind of important because if you choose to treat yourself naturally then you need to not have any really big stones that would be unable to pass through the bile duct.

A stone could at any time leave the gallbladder and travel into the bile duct and from there into your intestine to be pooped out quite naturally. Most small stones would make that journey. Occasionally they get stuck at the exit point of the gallbladder which causes the pain and discomfort and that can also cause an infection which makes you feel worse.

They can also get stuck in the bile duct if they are big and that can then require hospital treatment.

The natural cure for gallstones that are not big enough to get stuck in the bile duct is to perform a "Gallbladder Flush".

I've done this myself and felt absolutely fantastic afterwards.

A flush involves the following process:

1. For a week or two you eat lots of apples or drink fresh organic apple juice. This is supposed to make the stones soft though I can't testify whether that is true or not

2. On the day of the flush you don't eat anything fatty and cease eating/drinking around 2pm

3. At say 6pm you drink a glass of water with 2 teaspoons (or about 1 tablespoon) of Epsom Salts mixed in it. These are a laxative but crucially they make the tubes widen/relax so stones don't get stuck and instead just whizz through.

4. At about 8pm you have another dose of those Epsom Salts

5. At 9.45pm prepare a 1/2cup of good olive oil and mix with 1/2 cup of grapefruit juice and the juice from a lemon. You are going to drink this. You can either mix it all thoroughly or keep the oil and juice separate and take alternate sips of each. I did the latter. Go to the loo now if you need to.

6. At 10pm, drink the olive oil and juice. It's not easy to be honest. I sucked it through a straw which was pushed to the back of my mouth so my mouth/tongue mostly didn't touch it. Get the whole thing down as quickly as possible say in 5 mins. It's worth it honest !

7. Immediately lie down on your RIGHT side and stay there for 20 mins. Ideally go to sleep at that point

8. In the morning you take 2 more doses of the Epsom salts, one on waking and the other after 2 hours.

What will happen is you will want to go to the loo as the salts are a laxative and when you do there should be lots of gall stones passed too as your tubes and ducts will be relaxed and wide so they pass through painlessly.

The relief and feeling of wellness this whole process provides is really good.

There's a full set of instructions on many websites. Just Google "Gallbladder Flush". Here's one:

http://www.worldwidehealthcenter.net...nes-naturally/

There's always a risk that if you have a really large stone it could get stuck and then you will likely report to the hospital to have it removed.

My logic thought process on this is that if you are resigned to joining the "conveyor belt" and having a gallbladder surgically removed anyway, then you might as well try a flush first because at worst you'll have a stuck stone and go to hospital anyway. It's rare that people get stones stuck though.
JimmyC
Australia
JimmyC is male 

03-03-2017, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Ive read they can be shattered with shock waves.
Is that using ultrasound waves, I wonder? I think they use the same procedure for kidney stones.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 12:55 AM

I was going to mention liver flushes as well but Realist has already done so

I, too, have done several and think they are one of the best things I have done to improve my health after the 'doctors' messed it up!

I suggest anyone with liver/gallstones to read up on it and make up their own minds
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 08:40 AM

I would have tried the gall bladder flush before having mine out had I known about it. I wonder why the medics don't tell you about it? Surely it's better to deal with things non surgically if at all possible.

Just one worry though, art has been told one of her stones is quite big, could it be dangerous to try flush it and risk it getting lodged in the bile duct? I've heard that is very painful.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 08:51 AM

Hi

I have had my gall bladder out, simple, easy and such a relief.

It is nothing to be afraid of at all.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I would have tried the gall bladder flush before having mine out had I known about it. I wonder why the medics don't tell you about it? Surely it's better to deal with things non surgically if at all possible.

Just one worry though, art has been told one of her stones is quite big, could it be dangerous to try flush it and risk it getting lodged in the bile duct? I've heard that is very painful.

Hmmm - might be too large as it is to be passed naturally, which is why an ultrasound probe to smash it into 'grit' is I think. the most common treatment for gall stones.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 09:36 AM

Good luck with whatever decision you make art .

Just something to make you smile and it's true . My friend christine had her gallstones removed and some were quite large so she asked the surgeon to let her keep them . Months later she had a robbery and the thief stole her gallstones thinking they were precious stones !

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top