Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 10:16 AM

Presumption of Guilt

This is the other side of the child abuse issue.
An innocent man framed by two children.
Simon Warr was speaking on the TV saying how acused people should have anonymity the same as those who accuse until they are found guilty.

https://audioboom.com/posts/2671674-...ted-last-month
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 10:20 AM

Re: Presumption of Guilt

Totally agree, same with any so-called rapists who've not been convicted. I believe the false accusers should be publicised too and imprisoned.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 10:30 AM

I always think people are too quick to assume a person is guilty. Trial by media.

There are many false accusers whose in my opinion should be named if proven to be guilty of doing so.

Everyone deverserve annonminty unless proven guilty of a crime.

I must stress however, there needs to be a robust system where the likes of Jimmy Saville can be reported safely. Although the well known phrase lesson will be learned will rear it's ugly head again.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 10:32 AM

I saw that interview too he was right in all he said. I also believe as he does it makes it harder for real abuse victims to come forward and be believed, therefore it has to be treated as a crime in its self.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 10:35 AM

That is true whenever someone crys wolf the next case will be veiwed with suspicion.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 04:42 PM

Hi

I agree,

With certain very specific exceptions, there is a presumption of Innocence until proven guilty.

We should maintain that.

Once a conviction is secured, by all means, name and shame.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 04:45 PM

As I have said for a long time those who cry wolf do damage to not only those wrongly accused but to future victims and so they should be prosecuted.

As there is now a fashion for trial by media the media should be forced into silence until a conviction is secured, only then should names be released.
Merida
UK
Merida is female  Merida has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That is true whenever someone crys wolf the next case will be veiwed with suspicion.
No, that is certainly NOT the case. Where on earth did you get that idea from??
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Merida ->
No, that is certainly NOT the case. Where on earth did you get that idea from??
Very suspicious.....pulling up Muddy in your very first posts.

Have you been on the McCann thread recently?
Merida
UK
Merida is female  Merida has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Very suspicious.....pulling up Muddy in your very first posts.

Have you been on the McCann thread recently?
What McCann thread?

No, I'm just skimming the topics and choosing the ones which interest me - I can't see anything in the rules that says I can't, unless you can tell me otherwise? The poster was wrong in his assertion.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top