Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 07:33 PM

Re: split posts from Brexit sections thread

Not keen I am afraid. Surely we can all discuss our differences without being labelled.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 07:54 PM

I'm not sure if "pro" and "against" are the right titles but, as I have huge concerns I'll have to go for " against " and probably be labelled as a traitor!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Not keen I am afraid. Surely we can all discuss our differences without being labelled.
I am with you on that Goldie. To be honest the decision has been made, so if people like Blair keep their noses out, it will happen. Surely our future discussions should be about how we can make it work for everybody.
There is no point in flogging a dead horse, but it will be interesting to hear others opinions on our rules of leaving.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 08:04 PM

You would think that Twink, but, anyone with concerns gets jumped on by some "like monkeys on a cupcake"
I'm not as robust as some posters on here and would quite like questions answered civilly and reassurance, I'm sure others would too.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 08:06 PM

So let me get this straight...We can all read the For and Against sections, these sections will be inhabited by those who've made up their minds and intend to brook no arguments.
Then there is a third section where ordinary discussion can take place and ideas for and against can be bounced around.

Seems to me it's a way of ridding the forum of hardliners who will be absent from section 3.

I know where I'm going!!
But I shall still read the other sections.

Edited: I think I'm wrong about this. I think that For and Against are to be Closed forums to outsiders who haven't 'joined' through their control panel.
This goes against everything a public forum represents doesn't it?

Maybe I've got it wrong...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 09:48 PM

I can't be doing with this that's me stopped from talking about the most exciting, biggest change we are ever going to see. All remainers and leavers were o thought getting on ok all except one person who appears to dislike the uk and we get this.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I can't be doing with this that's me stopped from talking about the most exciting, biggest change we are ever going to see. All remainers and leavers were o thought getting on ok all except one person who appears to dislike the uk and we get this.
I think most posters will remain in the third section tbh unless there is a huge number of like minded Fors or Againsts who have been totally put off posting because of the unpleasantness.
Or Nastiness as it's called...
Do you think this might be it?

TessA made the observation
"anyone with concerns gets jumped on by some "like monkeys on a cupcake"

But if you have 'concerns' which group would you join????
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Nail on head, Julia.

Although I understand that the original section remains and will be open to everyone. That's the one I shall continue to visit.

And I agree completely that one specific person is the root cause of all of this acrimony.

She dishes it out; she gets it back; then she complains about it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I dont generally but they are overflowing into many other threads as well.

Some members like myself are no longer in the UK so unless this forum is now exclusivly for UK residents and those interested in brexit it would be nice to keep it out of every conversation
Cass all the Brexit threads are already in one dedicated section called ' Brexit Forum' and anyone not wishing to discuss the subject at all can avoid that section completely.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
You would think that Twink, but, anyone with concerns gets jumped on by some "like monkeys on a cupcake"
I'm not as robust as some posters on here and would quite like questions answered civilly and reassurance, I'm sure others would too.
TessA, for people with concerns, I don't think there is a section that can answer them. If you talk on the "Against" section people will tell you that leaving will be a disaster.
If you talk on the "For" section people will tell you that it may be hard for a couple of years, but we will soon notice the difference after we leave.
If you talk on the "Open" section people will just argue...... because nobody can guarantee what it will be like.
If we don't leave after the referendum vote, then democracy does not exist in this country, but if we do leave, nobody can say how well or badly we will fare in the future.
There was no right or wrong answer to the referendum vote, it was just a majority voting for what they thought was best....exactly as we do in a general election, but we don't get to change out minds on this vote in 4 years.That is why we all need to be working together for the benefit of all because there is little point arguing once the decision had been made

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top