Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 04:32 PM

A very sensible decision

Hi

We seem to be turning the corner.

An elderly scared man did what he thought was best.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-39233017
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 04:36 PM

Re: A very sensible decision

Now here is one I do agree on
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 04:57 PM

I agree too, specially when I read the bit that said the men in the car had been convicted of burglary & theft.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I agree too, specially when I read the bit that said the men in the car had been convicted of burglary & theft.
This exactly...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
This exactly...

I agree too.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 07:00 PM

Elderly farmer acquitted after trial, thank goodness the jury had some common sense. Shame on CPS and the police, yet again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-burglar.html

Poor man, should recieve compensation, at his age this ordeal could have serious affects on his health.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Elderly farmer acquitted after trial, thank goodness the jury had some common sense. Shame on CPS and the police, yet again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-burglar.html

Poor man, should recieve compensation, at his age this ordeal could have serious affects on his health.
Hi

I have posted on this.

The decision to prosecute is not the Police, it is the CPS.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 07:34 PM

People have a right to expect a police response, it seems they only responded to the call for help when they realised the burglar had been wounded. A debate in parliament, about self defence for people who live in remote areas, might bring about a change in the law and prevent any other cases like this.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

10-03-2017, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
People have a right to expect a police response, it seems they only responded to the call for help when they realised the burglar had been wounded. A debate in parliament, about self defence for people who live in remote areas, might bring about a change in the law and prevent any other cases like this.
Hi

I quite understand your frustration Cinderella.

I live in a very Rural Area.

It is a fact of life that a Police response here takes time.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

10-03-2017, 08:29 PM

Tony Martin who was sent to prison, has never returned to his home, will this couple ever feel safe again. If the police cannot assure farmers they will see more incidents, this man reacted to a situation, it was not premeditated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top