Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 02:39 PM

Re: The Sinking £

Depends who you are.

Some Russians, Arabs and Chinese wouldn't agree with you.

Brits would though.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If you are setting up a new factory and needed to borrow the money you would invest in the UK, not Australia.

That is why the UK has vast amounts of inward investment in job creation, far more than Australia.

It's not a competition but that's just wrong, your job creation is a function of sterling's low value. I mentioned that our dollar is held uncompetitively high by foreign investment.

What you have to look at for investment is foreign investment as a % of GDP.

Australia 2.89%

UK 1.76%
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 02:14 AM

Does amaze me that all the amateur economic experts on here have not made themselves enough to retire to the Bahamas.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Does amaze me that all the amateur economic experts on here have not made themselves enough to retire to the Bahamas.
No need; I live in Australia... Same thing.

Anyway what's the thing that all economic forecasts have in common? They are always wrong. Economics is not rocket science if it was it would be called "Rocket Science".

Economics was only invented to make astrologers look good.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top