Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 01:42 AM

To anyone dealing with everyday joint pain

I'm 53 years old and ever since menopause kicked in (at about the age of 49-50) my body hurts so bad. My hips, my legs and even my shoulders. But it's mostly in my hips. I don't walk normally anymore, I hobble. And every night in bed I toss and turn trying to find a comfortable position. My doctor keeps prescribing me these drugs I'm afraid to take. I know she's just trying to help, but I refuse to take them because the warnings and side-effects scare me off. Increased risk of fatal heart attack or stroke. Increased risk of stomach bleeding, which can be fatal. I mean, really??? I'm already on medication for high cholesterol and blood pressure, am I honestly going to risk taking something that increases my risk of... well, death?

No. I'd rather live with the pain.

So my question is this: has anyone found a natural supplement of some sort that has eased joint pain and given you better mobility? Just getting from my car to to the house or into work or into the grocery store is a struggle. And stairs? Forget about it. It's not going to happen.

I need help. I'm so damn tired of being in pain pretty much 24/7. But I don't want to take those risky drugs. And yes, I've tried hot/cold creams and ointments, but that's only temporary relief. I need something to take this pain away, or at least lessen it.

Any suggestions? I'd so much appreciate it.
Missisip
New Member!
Mississippi
Missisip is female 

16-03-2017, 02:37 AM

Re: To anyone dealing with everyday joint pain

I can recommend a very good product that will help. The website is called Nutrelief and the product is called Hycel. It comes in capsule form. They offer the first bottle free, you just pay postage. I highly recommend this product. I share your dislike for drugs,in addition to the medical profession in general, and am also a huge fan of Chinese energy healing called Qigong. That has permanently cleared up several health problems i had in the past. You can check out the website Qigongenergyhealing.com for details. I have had numerous sessions of the Qigong energy healing and fully intend to use this instead of medical care as I age. Do try the Hycel. I think you will be pleased.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 10:09 AM

It was November last year i went to my Dr because of joint pain and having trouble walking , Cutting a long story short , after several blood test it was found I had to high Pottasium and to low Vit D,
.Some of my aches and pains are going in my joints since taking Vit D every day, Have you had a Vit D blood test , could this be the cause of your aches and pains .??
My Dr said after going through the menapause we dont keep Vit D like we did before ..
I have joined a FB page group on Vit D deficiency ,and its helped to know others have same symptoms and also advice to give .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 10:11 AM

Medical Cannabis?

Is this legal in your State?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 12:31 PM

Sorry to hear your plight Linda.

I recommend you kick out gluten for a period of 1 to 2 weeks. You will find that reduces joint pains quite a lot. Then just gradually reintroduce gluten back into your diet. If you find that provides enough relief then you can decide how much gluten you want in your life from that point.

Doing this massively reduced significant joint pain for my wife's hands.

You can also get Glucosamine Gel from Holland and Barret in a blue squeeze tube. It contains capsicum (cayenne pepper) which is a well known natural spice that really helps. It's had remarkable benefits (like almost instantaneous pain relief) for many of my family and friends from arthritis pain to lower back pain.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Missisip ->
I can recommend a very good product that will help. The website is called Nutrelief and the product is called Hycel. It comes in capsule form. They offer the first bottle free, you just pay postage. I highly recommend this product. I share your dislike for drugs,in addition to the medical profession in general, and am also a huge fan of Chinese energy healing called Qigong. That has permanently cleared up several health problems i had in the past. You can check out the website Qigongenergyhealing.com for details. I have had numerous sessions of the Qigong energy healing and fully intend to use this instead of medical care as I age. Do try the Hycel. I think you will be pleased.
I'll do a little research, thanks

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
It was November last year i went to my Dr because of joint pain and having trouble walking , Cutting a long story short , after several blood test it was found I had to high Pottasium and to low Vit D,
.Some of my aches and pains are going in my joints since taking Vit D every day, Have you had a Vit D blood test , could this be the cause of your aches and pains .??
My Dr said after going through the menapause we dont keep Vit D like we did before ..
I have joined a FB page group on Vit D deficiency ,and its helped to know others have same symptoms and also advice to give .
Not sure about Vit D levels, but my potassium is normal. My doc checks all of that when I have blood taken. Good point, though, because since I'm fair skinned, I avoid the sun. Definitely not getting much Vit D there. As for whether or not I'm deficient through diet, I'd have to get my doc to check that.

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Medical Cannabis?

Is this legal in your State?
I think they're trying to legalize it, but haven't yet. Not sure I want to spend my days walking around stoned

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Sorry to hear your plight Linda.

I recommend you kick out gluten for a period of 1 to 2 weeks. You will find that reduces joint pains quite a lot. Then just gradually reintroduce gluten back into your diet. If you find that provides enough relief then you can decide how much gluten you want in your life from that point.

Doing this massively reduced significant joint pain for my wife's hands.

You can also get Glucosamine Gel from Holland and Barret in a blue squeeze tube. It contains capsicum (cayenne pepper) which is a well known natural spice that really helps. It's had remarkable benefits (like almost instantaneous pain relief) for many of my family and friends from arthritis pain to lower back pain.
I've tried glucosamine and it didn't do anything for me. But I did buy, just this morning, a product called Capzasin, a roll-on gel. So I'll see if that helps. It contains 0.025% of capsaicin.

The gluten thing is something I've heard about from other people, that once they cut out gluten, they felt better physically. So who knows, maybe I have a gluten intolerance. The only way to find out is to cut it from my diet for a couple of weeks to see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the suggestions.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->

I think they're trying to legalize it, but haven't yet. Not sure I want to spend my days walking around stoned
It may not help...you may well still feel pain...but...
You'll be that stoned you wont give a crap
Linda0818
USA

16-03-2017, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It may not help...you may well still feel pain...but...
You'll be that stoned you wont give a crap
I remember those days well
Linda0818
USA

16-03-2017, 09:41 PM

And OMG, do NOT use capsicum gel and then rub your eyes, even if you've washed your hands, lol.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 12:47 AM

I used to get joint pain but it stopped and maybe it's because I had to stop eating gluten. So worth trying realist's advice although it may take longer than a couple of weeks for the benefits.

I used to take high strength cod liver oil when I first had the pain. After a few months the pain eased, although it took a couple or more years to no longer have twinges. I still take fish oil with vit D regularly.

I am convinced changing the diet can help. There has been some research on this too. Cod liver oil has a direct link, but check with your doctor if you are on meds.

You should get tested for rheumatoid arthritis if you haven't. There is a proven link between cutting out meat and relief from symptoms. I had a friend with the juvenile version and she was completely healed with a veggie diet.

Are you not a candidate for HRT? If it's been brought on by the menopause maybe hormones will help.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top