Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 02:47 PM

Re: Skin Creams beware of the danger.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I feel very sorry for the man and his wife but hospitals are not a place where you should be smoking!
I understand that people crave cigarettes, but surely your health and recovery are more important? I smoked 3-5 cigarettes a day when I discovered I had cancer, but from the minute I was diagnosed, I haven't touched another one.... and 6 years later I am still here.
I think it would be good if smokers, who had to go into hospital for a while, treated it as the first step to stopping! I know it is hard, but it is worth it in the end...... and you will smell better!
Your anti-smoking stance is well known Twink but seriously to link it to this article is stretching it a bit.
You might as well tell people who use face creams with paraffin to cook electric and not stand by a gas cooker (though it does add a whole new angle to sticking your head in the gas oven to top yourself) .. and avoid bonfires on bonfire night.

Loads of modern products are inflammable. I remember reading a quite gruesome story years ago of a woman who had just sprayed her dog with a flea repellent spray, which she believed was safe as she did it by an open back door in her kitchen, and then she went and lit the oven. The poor dog was engulfed, though thankfully survived.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Your anti-smoking stance is well known Twink but seriously to link it to this article is stretching it a bit.
You might as well tell people who use face creams with paraffin to cook electric and not stand by a gas cooker (though it does add a whole new angle to sticking your head in the gas oven to top yourself) .. and avoid bonfires on bonfire night.

Loads of modern products are inflammable. I remember reading a quite gruesome story years ago of a woman who had just sprayed her dog with a flea repellent spray, which she believed was safe as she did it by an open back door in her kitchen, and then she went and lit the oven. The poor dog was engulfed, though thankfully survived.
He burned because he was engulfed in flames by lighting a cigarette, while covered in the cream that the hospital had put on him. The story indicated that he had nipped out for a sly smoke, and maybe somebody would have discouraged him from doing so if they had known the cream was inflammable. There was a time when smoking in hospitals was unheard of, and if it was now,maybe that man would still be alive.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 03:25 PM

The lady I have been visiting in the local hospice is full of cancer and it has spread everywhere now. She also has MS. They have put stents in her chest because she couldn't breathe, and she is on morphine all the time now.

She still asks visitors to wheel her outside for a couple of fags, she says it is too late to worry about it now, the damage is done.

She is only 47. I could weep for her when I see her.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 03:51 PM

He burned because he was engulfed in flames by lighting a cigarette, while covered in the cream that the hospital had put on him. The story indicated that he had nipped out for a sly smoke, and maybe somebody would have discouraged him from doing so if they had known the cream was inflammable. There was a time when smoking in hospitals was unheard of, and if it was now,maybe that man would still be alive.
As I said ... an anti-smoking thread.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 04:00 PM

As I said ... an anti-smoking thread.
No just an opinion! I ask all people I know if they would consider stopping smoking, not because I want to criticize, but because I care. I don't want this to become an arguement Morty, I was just saying my thoughts on the mans death. If Swim or the mods think I have hijacked the thread, then I will apologize
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 04:04 PM

These creams are very efficient but I guess card has to be taken, worse I thought they could do was when I applied cream to my husbands legs and feet for him then he got up and slipped on the kitchen floor, that was bad enough three stitches and a huge bruise back of his head !
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

20-03-2017, 04:11 PM

No just an opinion! I ask all people I know if they would consider stopping smoking, not because I want to criticize, but because I care. I don't want this to become an arguement Morty, I was just saying my thoughts on the mans death. If Swim or the mods think I have hijacked the thread, then I will apologize
Huh? It's a forum innit? You say what you think and I say what I think ... no argument intended.

As an aside .. is there paraffin in these Vick vapour rubs too?
I used to have a cute little leopard print cropped top I wore in bed ... .. until it literally fell into gaping holes. All I could think was it was when I wore it after rubbing my chest with Vick.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

20-03-2017, 04:19 PM

Huh? It's a forum innit? You say what you think and I say what I think ... no argument intended.

As an aside .. is there paraffin in these Vick vapour rubs too?
I used to have a cute little leopard print cropped top I wore in bed ... .. until it literally fell into gaping holes. All I could think was it was when I wore it after rubbing my chest with Vick.
No idea, I would ask Mups, she seems to have displayed a little intelligence in what is in these creams. If it had set alight you would have known, and probably hurt, but it may be something in the Vick that destroyed the material that it was made from.
The last man in my life owned a chemical company, but you know what men are like, never around when you need them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 04:35 PM

Turpentine and eucalyptus I believe unless they've changed it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 04:43 PM

Hi

Who is this Vic who Morti rubs on her chest?

Is he a member?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top