Join for free
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 08:15 PM

Re: Syrias Disappeared :The case against Assad

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I'm old enough to remember Viet Nam and napalm, Agent Orange etc.
Trump is just a figure head for the American dream of taking over the World.
I doubt that's their agenda.
I think Trump made the correct decision on this particular issue tbh. Obama would have done sweet fa and just paid lip service.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 08:36 PM

Yeah right .
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 09:44 PM

This says it better than I can...

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7671846.html
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 11:12 PM

Whilst I don't think the American dream is to take over the whole world ... you do have a point.
After killing innocent civilians during an airstrike in Mosul not two weeks ago .. not to mention Trumps first military raid in January which killed 30 civilians in Yemen, including 10 women and children... I think he's a hypocrite of the highest order.

Assad might be a sod. But he's a sod within the confines of his own country with a clear mission.
I think Trump is a dangerous unhinged nut job looking for some world acclaim after the disastrous start to his presidency regarding internal affairs. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

So we all cheer righteously over the bombing of a Syrian airfield.
What next?
Regime change?
Who gets Syria?
Where do the rebels and ISIS fit in? Perhaps Iraq's success story of the aftermath of Western intervention and their new clappy happy democracy will give the Syrians pointers.

I can understand why the West has made itself a target for terrorists and a breeding ground for any disaffected who resent Western interference.
Over here, some see the influx of Muslims as a threat.
I imagine anyone in the Middle East might justifiably feel the same with coalition bombing raids and our efforts to remove any of their leaders we don't like to ones we do.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 11:31 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the World is in a mess?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 11:35 PM

No...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
No...
phew!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 02:05 PM

Whilst I don't think the American dream is to take over the whole world ... you do have a point.
After killing innocent civilians during an airstrike in Mosul not two weeks ago .. not to mention Trumps first military raid in January which killed 30 civilians in Yemen, including 10 women and children... I think he's a hypocrite of the highest order.

Assad might be a sod. But he's a sod within the confines of his own country with a clear mission.
I think Trump is a dangerous unhinged nut job looking for some world acclaim after the disastrous start to his presidency regarding internal affairs. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

What next?
Regime change?
Who gets Syria?
Where do the rebels and ISIS fit in? Perhaps Iraq's success story of the aftermath of Western intervention and their new clappy happy democracy will give the Syrians pointers.

I can understand why the West has made itself a target for terrorists and a breeding ground for any disaffected who resent Western interference.
I imagine anyone in the Middle East might justifiably feel the same with coalition bombing raids and our efforts to remove any of their leaders we don't like to ones we do.
Indeed and many of these countries have very long memories, I'm still told by Indians and Pakistanis how we treated them all those years ago. We've made enemies wherever we went and still haven't learned.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 02:36 PM

What next?
Regime change?
Who gets Syria?

Ask those Syrians that have been dislodged from their own country what they think of Trumps reaction......most would welcome it...at a guess.

Terrorist organisation's don't need a reason.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Ask those Syrians that have been dislodged from their own country what they think of Trumps reaction......most would welcome it...at a guess.

Terrorist organisation's don't need a reason.
You are right but I am always quite conflicted as to who is the good guy and who is the bad guy. In many cases they are as bad as each other ! It's like just pick a side and when you are killing people IMO that's just not good enough.

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top