Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 12:32 PM

Re: E45

I used to get the occasional breakout of dermatitis from working with cement and E45 used to work well for me.
Pie Man
W.Yorkshire
Pie Man is male  Pie Man has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 07:11 PM

I use Doublebase, I once got some on prescription after a skin problem on my leg, used it ever since for hard skin/moisturising etc.

"Doublebase Hydrating Gel Pump helps to relieve dry, chapped, itchy, red and sore skin associated with eczema, dermatitis and other dry skin conditions that get worse once the skin becomes dried out. When used regularly, it helps to leave skin smooth and soft by locking in moisture and restoring the skin’s natural moisture levels. This will then help to reduce further flare-ups of any particular skin conditions."
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Been using E45 to treat dermatitis on the ankles and lower legs. It reduces itching, but doesn't cure the skin complaint. Is it a waste of time? Going to try coconut oil, but is that hocus-pocus?
Dobra have a word with your gp and ask him/her to prescribe you Betnovate Ointment 30grams.
It is a steriod based cream that will heal the wounds in quick time.
In the past I have tried them all from coconut oil to E45 on my fingers and found Betnovate is the one for me.

Then when it heals trying putting a little Argan Oil on the lower leg every few days just to stop the dryness.

You can only try it.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 08:17 AM

Thanks Longfellow have duly noted!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top