Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2017, 01:47 PM

Re: Dover Imports and Exports

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
The EU are threatening to create long delays at Dover if no deal is signed.

As I see it a lot of freight is coming to us from the EU with imported Fruit and Vegetables. When we are free from all the unwanted EU rules, our farmers will be able grow what they want and what we need. This would reduce the need for so much traffic. What we can't grow ourselves can be readily available from elsewhere. Then let the EU farmers tell their leaders what they think of it.
It doesn't bother me one bit. Most of the fruit and veg my wife buys seems to come from further afield.

And what did our parents do in the war? They were worse off because of the U-boat blockades in the Atlantic.

Hang on a minute. Does Germany still have any U-boats? And what about the Frogs?
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2017, 02:09 PM

Hi JBR,
I think you will find that the Frogs afre hopping mad!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2017, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
Hi JBR,
I think you will find that the Frogs afre hopping mad!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2017, 03:58 PM

Hi

It isn't the EU threatening us at all.

When we leave May is determined to leave the Customs Union.

This will mean that we will have to do our own Customs Inspections and Tariff Collections.

Our own people have worked out that this will mean that instead of the 17 Million we do currently the figure will rise to 350 million unless we get a deal with the EU.

The queues will on our side of the Channel, not the EU side.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2017, 04:02 PM

This combined with French Air traffic control threatening to cause 'Chaos in the skies' unless we bung them a large sum of money just proves why we needed to get out.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2017, 04:03 PM

I think a little less scaremongering from all the media and a little more lets just wait and see what the negotiations will bring is in order
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=swimfeeders;1122014]Hi

It isn't the EU threatening us at all.

When we leave May is determined to leave the Customs Union.

This will mean that we will have to do our own Customs Inspections and Tariff Collections.

Our own people have worked out that this will mean that instead of the 17 Million we do currently the figure will rise to 350 million unless we get a deal with the EU.

The queues will on our side of the Channel, not the EU side.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, we'll ship all the BMWs, Audis,VWs and Mercedes, in via Ireland, and drive them up to Belfast.

Simples!

Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 11:16 AM

Since we import more from the EU than we export I would imagine the queues the other side of the channel will be worse. Something I can't see the European exporters putting up with for too long. In addition we can be just as awkward as the EU if that's what they want.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Since we import more from the EU than we export I would imagine the queues the other side of the channel will be worse. Something I can't see the European exporters putting up with for too long. In addition we can be just as awkward as the EU if that's what they want.
Hi

Wrong way round, the queues will be longer our side than theirs because we import so much.

It is not the EU threatening us at all, it is our Government who have decided that Brexit means leaving the Customs Union.

Leaving the Customs Union is an essential step in negotiating our own Trade Deals.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 12:18 PM

I think we should just wait and see. I really think it is all bravado and bluster from the EU at the moment, after all, in truth, it must have been both devastating and embarrassing for them for our man to have handed over the letter in full glare of the world media to say we are leaving, (regardless of the denials). It must also have been very sad to see one of the largest contributors to the EU being the very first country to leave!.

I wonder how the not so smug any more EU negotiators who delighted in humbling David Cameron are feeling now? Perhaps, instead of belittling him with the offer of “nothing” believing foolishly that there would not be a cat in hell’s chance of the British voting to come out anyway, they now regret the action they took. Too late now for regrets, though.

Britain will be fine. Theresa May is a formidable woman.With her team she needs to hold her own, after all, she not only has to negotiate a good deal for the British people and immigrants who have made this their adopted home, but she also has to put up with the treacherous crap at her back at all times too.
Mind you, It made me smile when I listened to one after another of the European Elite stating that Britain would pay a heavy price for leaving, 50 billion at the last count I believe, also the demands that the ECHR must take precedence over British Courts, even after we have left in two years time!!!!! Yeh, right! And then the moment they read how Theresa May dared to mention more than once in her official letter that the cooperation of our security services was to be part of the negotiations, they actually had the audacity to put up their hands to their mouths in shock, spewing forth indignation and disgust by the lorry load. Really pathetic.

I don’t doubt for a moment It will be a hard slog in the next two years, I am not at all happy at all to learn that immigration rules will not be brought in until the end of the two years, it should have been implemented immediately the day after the letter was delivered, but hey ho, this won’t be the last thing that will annoy me in the coming months and years. As long as Theresa holds her resolve and doesn’t allow Britain to be bullied during the negotiations, we will get through this, regardless of the likes of Hollande, Merkle and Tusk, and regardless of those here at home who STILL cannot accept that we have left the EU.

Go Theresa and Team !!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top