Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 03:35 PM

Re: Today's the day

Hi

Unfortunately those commitments appear to have been agreed by Cameron and Osborne and signed for.

Time will tell if we can avoid them.

I am much more focused on the practicalities of leaving, another 8,000 Customs and Excise jobs, another 3000 Immigration Officers and another 1400 Port Health Inspectors.

Time to get them all in place if we leave without a deal, otherwise it will be a disaster.

We can do this, but they have to start now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 04:02 PM

Well the House of Lords seem to think there is no obligation to pay their demands.

I do agree, of course, that we need to beef up our border forces quickly now. Perhaps May has been putting things in place over the past nine months.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 04:24 PM

Hi

A cautious Yorkshireman I am taking no chances at all.

I have enough Fags, Vodka and Wine to last me years.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Only until we all find out where you live. . .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

29-03-2017, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well the House of Lords seem to think there is no obligation to pay their demands.

I do agree, of course, that we need to beef up our border forces quickly now. Perhaps May has been putting things in place over the past nine months.
Hi

Absolutely not .

Only just started, she sacked all the experienced and qualified ones when she was Home Secretary.

Not only that, she cut all the out of hours payments to save 30% on Final Salary Pensions.

Now she wants them back, offering a paltry £35 an hour, no contract, just as and when needed, a zero hours job.

She is joking of course, nobody will be signing up for that.

She will need to pay double that at the bare minimum.

Treated like scum by her, the boot is now on the other foot.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 05:57 PM

Hi

Oooh!! I hadn't thought of that...

Brace yourselves for a sparkling rosé drought folks!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 06:35 PM

It would seem Mrs May has already got off on the wrong foot.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/we-miss-yo...130518970.html
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
It would seem Mrs May has already got off on the wrong foot.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/we-miss-yo...130518970.html
I wouldn't say that at all , I listened to Mrs May's speech in full and she merely pointed out that we share not just trade but our security measures with Europe and she would wish that to continue and this should be taken into consideration by the EU if they seek to 'punish us' for daring to leave their club.

Quite right for Mrs May to mention that too so the EU bully boys don't think we are a push over...

The relevant part of the speech..
The third and final reason I believe we can come to the right agreement is that cooperation between Britain and the EU is needed not just when it comes to trade but when it comes to our security too.

Britain and France are Europe’s only two nuclear powers. We are the only two European countries with permanent seats on the United Nations Security Council. Britain’s armed forces are a crucial part of Europe’s collective defence.

And our intelligence capabilities – unique in Europe – have already saved countless lives in very many terrorist plots that have been thwarted in countries across our continent. After Brexit, Britain wants to be a good friend and neighbour in every way, and that includes defending the safety and security of all of our citizens.

So I believe the framework I have outlined today is in Britain’s interests. It is in Europe’s interests. And it is in the interests of the wider world.

But I must be clear. Britain wants to remain a good friend and neighbour to Europe. Yet I know there are some voices calling for a punitive deal that punishes Britain and discourages other countries from taking the same path.
That would be an act of calamitous self-harm for the countries of Europe. And it would not be the act of a friend.

Britain would not – indeed we could not – accept such an approach. And while I am confident that this scenario need never arise – while I am sure a positive agreement can be reached – I am equally clear that no deal for Britain is better than a bad deal for Britain.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

30-03-2017, 11:54 AM

Hi

Things are not going well, already both Merkel and Hollande have flatly refused to discuss a trade deal at the same time as agreeing the exit bill.

The EU has once again shown that it is run by France and Germany for their own benefit.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 11:58 AM

Hi

Things are not going well, already both Merkel and Hollande have flatly refused to discuss a trade deal at the same time as agreeing the exit bill.

The EU has once again shown that it is run by France and Germany for their own benefit.
I'm perfectly happy with that. It will be their loss.

(Looking forward to the inevitable assurance that I have got that wrong and that I don't understand! Guess what? I still couldn't care less!)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top