Join for free
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 09:08 PM

Peace ?

Anyone getting fed up as I am people wailing on about Eu being only thing kept Europe peaceful all these years.

A they are forgetting various rather nasty wars and countries splitting up, and B why do they imagine we'd all be launching ourselves at each other without them !
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 09:27 PM

Re: Peace ?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Anyone getting fed up as I am people wailing on about Eu being only thing kept Europe peaceful all these years.

A they are forgetting various rather nasty wars and countries splitting up, and B why do they imagine we'd all be launching ourselves at each other without them !
Because the EU are delusional..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 09:52 PM

Wishful thinking from a would be federal EU...
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 11:20 PM

Nothing whatever to do with NATO of course.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Nothing whatever to do with NATO of course.
The EU exists because of the US's grand plan to change the World post WWII and NATO is part of that grand scheme.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Because the EU are delusional..
Indeed. The more I hear about the EU's blatherings, the more I think they, if anyone, are 'mentally ill'.

NATO, and the presence of nuclear weapons, have kept the peace in Europe since the Second World War ended.

The EU have done nothing other than create reams of unnecessary paperwork in support of their own self-perpetuation.

If and when the EU manage to create their much-vaunted 'European Army', I predict here and now it will turn out to be an absolute disaster. As none of the EU countries, with the exceptions of ourselves and Poland, assign anything like the stated 2% of their GDP, their combined forces will be woefully inadequate to defend themselves, and if NATO pulls out of the EU area I can see nothing to deter any future Russian expansion, should that ever be considered.

I just hope they don't come crying to us if and when that happens!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 12:07 AM

So you'd be happy with a British alliance with Poland?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 05:46 AM

Im fed up of the whole darn thing... The UK are leaving fine, bye bye, end of.... the world keeps spinning.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So you'd be happy with a British alliance with Poland?

We had such an alliance pre 1939 didn't we??? - Its what took us to war in the first place.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 07:10 AM

There are two words that explain why Brexit has caused such a big commotion:-

1)Greed because every country wants more that they need and was hoping the EU would provide it.
That won't happen because the countries, with the better economies. will eventually want to rule ( as Germany is already demonstrating)
Britain has already learned that having control over many countries is costly, and when they wanted their freedom again, they still want financial help but blame Britain for all that goes wrong in their countries. (that is what India does)

2)Insecurity because the human race is becoming weaker and hasn't the guts to try and make it on their own... so groups of countries join together to make them seem stronger.
Britain appears to have the best knowledge, when it comes to terrorism and are slowly learning that knowledge is useless without action. Countries like Germany and France were happy to become multicultural, but are now regretting acceptance of so many immigrants... because some are terrorists! When the EU becomes one big country, where residents can move freely from one section to another, it will become less secure yet a bigger enemy for parts of the world who don't agree with us. Just look at the USA

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top