Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 04:53 PM

What a palaver!

This morning I had to go for a scan. My son took me.
The letter said it was in a mobile unit in the hospital car park.

When we got there, it took a while to find which car park they meant as we couldn't see a scanner in any.
Eventually we asked someone, who sent us back to the one we had just come from, so we drove back down to the previous one again.

Not a scanner in sight!

Went to ask at reception - door locked.
Looked through windows - no one at desk, deserted.
My appt. time had now passed.
Still couldn't find the mobile scanner anywhere, and not a soul to ask.

I then saw a lady leaving work and asked her where the mobile unit was.
She said "Over there . . . . oh dear, well it WAS over there, it's gone".
"So what are we supposed to do now?" I asked. "My appointment was 20 mins ago now."

She phoned the number on my letter.
No answer!
She phoned another number - No answer!

I was getting pretty fed up by then.

Finally she triede a third number, who told me to go back to the other car park we had just been in (twice)!! She said to go into main reception, turn left and report to the main CT scanning unit.

We got back in the car, and drove round all the buildings, back up the main road, round the next roundabout and back into the first car park again.

The chap there didn't know anything about the mobile unit disappearing. He just said "they must have taken it away."
So I said it would have been flippin' handy in they had let patients know then!!
By now I was 45 mins past my appt. time.
I said to me son if they refused to do it now because I was so late, he'd better hold me back because I would no doubt poke him in the eye!

Scan was finally done. About 3 mins it took after all that. What a palaver for us, and bad communication on their part.

I feel better now I've got rid of that lot.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 05:22 PM

Re: What a palaver!

Its not all about shortage of money, some of this is poor performance.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 05:33 PM

Mups I would having been biting the heads off babies by then.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 05:53 PM

That's very poor service Mups

Good thing you finally found somewhere to have your scan or we would have had a Mad Mups on here tonight

I hope all is well with it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 06:11 PM

I would have had smoke coming out of both ears
Hope your scan went well after all that !
We were back at the hospital yesterday for Mr Muds
Ultra sound . We were nearly late as we couldn't find anywhere to park but eventually got a spot and dashed down endless corridors but mad enough it on time .now we have to wait for the report to get back to the cardiologist and then to the GP before we know how it went I expect that will take weeks .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 06:26 PM

Mups I can't stand being late for anything, I would have been in a real state and needing sedation by the time I found the scanner anyway glad you got there in the end...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 06:39 PM

Hi

I have been in hospital most of today, need treatment for the infection.

The staff were lovely, but run off their feet.

The amount of flack they took from idiots who had no need to be there was disgusting, sticking plaster stuff from anyone with an ounce of commonsense and self reliance.

I do not know the answer to this, it will take a cleverer man than me to sort it out.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 07:57 PM

Where was the Scanner after all that hoo ha Mupps?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 10:26 PM

Dunno deylon, no one seemed to know where the mobile one had disappeared to. I got sent to the one in the hospital itself in the end.

I said to the man who eventually did the scan, that someone needed to find out what was happening, because anyone else who was booked in today would be having the same trouble I did, and would be wandering round half the day trying to find the non-existent mobile unit. Then medics complain about how many people don't turn up for appointments!
He said he would report it to his seniors, but I doubt I will ever hear of the answer.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 01:37 PM

So sorry Mups you had to go through that. You build yourself up to go for these things and then that happens. I went for my mammogram last year and it took ages to find where it was parked too. Then its the wait for the results!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top