Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 09:14 AM

Have you ever been happy to get bad news ?

I've been in tremendous pain for a couple of years it's different pain to my ms but getting a diagnosis has been a real trial.

I've been on steroids, tramadol and cocodomol and only just coping.

Last week the GP surgery had a hiccup and stopped all repeat prescriptions for everyone ! So I ran out of my pain killers !

Not good the withdrawal from cocodomol was bad but the withdrawal from tramadol was awful.

I saw GP this morning and repeats have been reinstated so I'm back on tramadol and cocodomol and trying to live without the steroids.

Had a really good discussion about it all and found she'd had a letter two years ago with a diagnosis ! Wish they'd told me.

So now to add to my ms I have arthritis quite badly in shoulder, knees and fingers. Not good news but I feel better knowing what it is oddly.

Struck me as strange to be happy to get bad news but not knowing was worse.

So onward and upward if I can keep taking the tablets I can keep working and keep up with grace and the dogs for a while longer.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 09:27 AM

Re: Have you ever been happy to get bad news ?

That stinks Julie! Assuming you had some sort of tests 2 years ago, why ever didn't they call you in over the results so they could begin treatment?
Could it be that your existing treatment should cover the arthritis as well?

Personally, I always call in or phone to ask for any results too, as they normally say they will contact you if they need to, but your case is a perfect example showing they can forget.

Hope you go on alright, nothing more miserable than ongoing pain.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 09:37 AM

It stinks that youve been treated so shoddily but now at least you know what you are fighting.I felt the same with OH I knew two years before his diagnosis what was wrong, theddiagnosis gave me some peace of mind.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 09:47 AM

I always ask for copy's of my letters Julie, has proved useful in the past. I do understand how you feel, as i had something similar happen recently, at the time i was glad that something had been found to explain what was occurring.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I always ask for copy's of my letters Julie, has proved useful in the past. I do understand how you feel, as i had something similar happen recently, at the time i was glad that something had been found to explain what was occurring.

So do I Nom. As you say, it has proved to be useful too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 09:49 AM

My problem is there is no treatment just painkillers. I'm better on anti inflamatories but I can only take steroids. I'm allergic to the others.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 09:59 AM

Would a Tens machine provide any aid Julie, i bought one last year it did provide some relief, i wanted to be pt on Tramadol but they declined. As you take Cocodomal can you get Coedine from your GP.?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
My problem is there is no treatment just painkillers. I'm better on anti inflamatories but I can only take steroids. I'm allergic to the others.
Julie, I believe that knowing what is wrong with you is the first step to dealing with it. When you are suffering, but have no idea what is causing it, you tend to worry. Once you know what is causing it, you not only stop worrying but you learn how to deal with it.
In your position, I would have told the doctor that being advised about it would have helped, whether your current medication was sufficient to help or not!
I don't understand why, but research has shown that you can deal will illness better if you know what it is and can adapt a positive attitude towards it.
I am sorry the news wasn't good but I think you will learn how to deal with it. Good luck!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

13-04-2017, 11:47 AM

I think she was apologising enough about the lack of prescriptions I didn't want to add to the poor woman's guilt, I think computers going hay wire have caused them to spend more time saying how sorry they recently than they have time to diagnose.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 12:49 PM

That's bad news, Julie...to add to your MS! Glad they've continued with the pain relief you so badly need. Hugs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top