Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 09:53 PM

Korea

What a world we live in when half wits are in charge of weapons of mass destruction .

http://reflectionofmind.org/global-w...united-states/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 10:25 PM

Re: Korea

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What a world we live in when half wits are in charge of weapons of mass destruction .

http://reflectionofmind.org/global-w...united-states/
I think that report is substantially hyperbole.

For one thing, I'm sure that even if N. Korea has developed a working nuclear warhead, it is highly unlikely that they have a delivery vehicle capable to reaching the US. Thus far, they have only managed to reach as far as the Sea of Japan.

Even if they have the capabilities that are claimed, I believe that the US have anti-missile missiles that would destroy any Korean ICBM before it even reached the US.

Assuming that even a single N. Korean warhead exploded on US territory (including Hawaii), I am absolutely sure that the US would retaliate instantly and could easily completely obliterate the whole of N. Korea.

The question is, would China then attack the US? I have a feeling that China are not entirely enamoured of N. Korea and it could well be that agreements have already been made between China and the US. China, unlike Tubby Jong Un, are far more sensible than to start a nuclear exchange that could destroy their country.

We live in interesting times!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think that report is substantially hyperbole.

For one thing, I'm sure that even if N. Korea has developed a working nuclear warhead, it is highly unlikely that they have a delivery vehicle capable to reaching the US. Thus far, they have only managed to reach as far as the Sea of Japan.

Even if they have the capabilities that are claimed, I believe that the US have anti-missile missiles that would destroy any Korean ICBM before it even reached the US.

Assuming that even a single N. Korean warhead exploded on US territory (including Hawaii), I am absolutely sure that the US would retaliate instantly and could easily completely obliterate the whole of N. Korea.

The question is, would China then attack the US? I have a feeling that China are not entirely enamoured of N. Korea and it could well be that agreements have already been made between China and the US. China, unlike Tubby Jong Un, are far more sensible than to start a nuclear exchange that could destroy their country.

We live in interesting times!
Hi

Obliterating North Korea would cause immense collateral damage both to China and South Korea,
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Obliterating North Korea would cause immense collateral damage both to China and South Korea,
Depends which way the wind is blowing!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2017, 12:57 AM

It does feel as though we opened Pandora's box last year and we are now finding out what's inside....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2017, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It does feel as though we opened Pandora's box last year and we are now finding out what's inside....
Hi

I fear that as far as North Korea is concerned that box was opened long ago.

Clinton secured a deal with North Korea, ably supported by South Korea, the USA providing Nuclear Technology for power stations of a type which it is difficult to produce nuclear weapons grade material from.

George Bush scrapped the deal when elected, declaring North Korea a terrorist State.

The North Koreans then started their nuclear program up again big time.

We did open Pandora's Box last year ourselves, we let out Boris Johnson, our own warmongers, threatening Russia and sticking his hobnails in when a deal about Syria was on the cards.

He has just been slapped down by the G7, the man is a complete liability and also very dangerous.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2017, 10:00 AM

I have no doubt that the US has the capability to beat any nuclear attack but what worries me is their ability to hit the target.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2017, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have no doubt that the US has the capability to beat any nuclear attack but what worries me is their ability to hit the target.

As I've said many times before - most Americans couldn't hit a barn door at 10 paces.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2017, 01:25 PM

I don't come on these threads as a rule, but can I ask a straight forward question and have a simple reply please?

Will America go to war with N.Korea? It seems to my limited knowledge that neither of these men wish to appear to back down.
If they do fight nuclear, will we have to wade in to help?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2017, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't come on these threads as a rule, but can I ask a straight forward question and have a simple reply please?

Will America go to war with N.Korea? It seems to my limited knowledge that neither of these men wish to appear to back down.
If they do fight nuclear, will we have to wade in to help?
No and No Mups for many reasons just silly men posturing again ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top